Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i use epsxe cdr aspi core 1.4.0 and pete's cdr aspi driver 1.5, but cant read my backuped up Win2k, Office2k and WinME cds. i'm not sure it's the plugin's problem or it's my cd-rom's problem. My Cd-Rom is Acer 40x......Can somone help me out plz!!!!!!

sorry about my english >.<

PIII-500mhz
256mb sdram
Ati Xpert2000 32mb agp
SB Live Value
40x Acer cd-rom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nono!!
i want to install office2k, but my cd-rom cant detect it so i tried win2k and winME cds. same thing happened, so i'm wondering is there some conflict with the cd-rom plugin and my cd-rom drive

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Umm, guy, I think you're totally off your rocker here. This is a PSX emulation forum. It may seem like tech support ... it isn't. Also, if you are trying to install Office 2000 through epsxe, then you need to sit back and read a couple of books on your computer. If you're asking if epsxe's various cd plug-ins have messed up your cd drive? The answer would be no, and if by some unfortunate stroke of luck I am wrong and they did, then it would be because you had one of the crappiest cd drives known to man and it was bound to happen eventually anyways. Other than that, have a nice life, tata, enjoy the full moon out tonight.

S

·
0 Posts
As the guys have told you, the CD rom Plugin is for ePSXe only. It does not function outside of ePSXe. The reason for CD Rom plugins is so that a PC CD Rom drive can read PSX CDs, otherwise, it would not be able to.
If your CD is not reading your backups of Win2K, Office2K, or Win ME, then I would say, it is either a problem w/your CD Rom drive itself, your backup copies (are they from originals that you own or from somewhere else), or, as fivefeet8 said, your CD Rom drive fimware or drivers. But, no matter what the case, ePSXe and the CD Rom plugin are not the cause.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thx alots

i'm planning to buy a 16x dvd rom and a 16-10-32 cdrw drive
can somone give me some advices which brand i should buy?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
DVD-ROM, I don't know... but for CD writer, get a Yamaha 40x16x10, or the newer model (whatever the speed is)... you can't go wrong with Yamaha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts