Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried epsxe with a few CD-ROM plugins and I can't get any of them to work. I don't know if the problem is with the plugins though because my PC fails to react at all to any PSX disc. I've tried a few different PSX discs and the green light (on the front of the drive) will come on briefly before turning straight off. If I try and access the drive from My Computer then it just ejects the tray assuming that there is no disc inserted.
I would have thought that it might tell me that it can't read the disc or something rather than just acting as if nothing is there.
I'm running Vista x64 with ATAPI DVD DH20A3P (DVD RW drive).

Any help appreciated!

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
You likely are experiencing copy protection issues. Use a CDR plugin like P.E.Op.S. and turn on subchannel reading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already tried that plug in along with a few others, with all kinds of different configurations. Some seem to be more successful than others in terms of being able to autodetect settings and what not. The trouble is that the "Test" button is completely unreactive and seems to do nothing. If I click to start a game from CD-ROM then it just comes up with a black screen and the controller image in the top right.
There just seems to be nothing that I can do to get my PC to recognise that there is at least a disc in the drive, even if it is to tell me that it is an unreadable format or whatever. I know the drive is otherwise fully functional.
It's so annoying, I've only recently tried to do it after downloading the PC version of FF7 and being completely underwhelmed by it so much that I was dying to play my old PSX version.

Thanks for your help and thanks in advance to anyone else who may have an idea!

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
sounds like a dodgy drive that lacks the mediacodes to read PSX disks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The drive begins to read the disc then after about a second it stops totally and won't do anything. The little Clone CD animation continues with the disc rolling into the drive and it says "Waiting for ATAPI DVD....". So it can't even read the disc to begin ripping.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
do you have access to another computer? if you do then try making the image on that and then transfer it over to the other system by whatever method you prefer. if you dont, you could probably by an external CD/DVD drive and use that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.