Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am receiving an error loading WNASPI32.DLL when trying to use ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2 driver. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Merlin :bounce:

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Easy, you don't have aspi drivers installed. Try using force aspi to install the needed drivers on your system or use a non-aspi plugin. And your fixed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problems with XP

I have heard there is problems using ASPI drivers in XP. Is this true?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Not that i know of. Simply use the win2k/xp plugin, and you won't need aspi. Or download peops cd-r plugin, it has an ioctl interface for win2k/xp.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Merlin402 said:
I have heard there is problems using ASPI drivers in XP. Is this true?

Thanks,
Erm you've misunderstood things with aspi. There isn't problems becuase of aspi. The problem is that XP doesn't have aspi by default.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
exactly what betamax said. I personally have installed aspi drivers in xp and the work 100% fine. But like I-chan said if you don't want to go through that hassle then just use a win2k/xp cd-r plugin. I like xeven's because it has cd-rom autodetect but that's just me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just thought I would mention that untill just recently I would have agreed totally. Use P.E.Op.S. CD-R with the IOCTL function worked fine for me for so long... untill about one week ago. Not sure what happened other than an OS clean re-install (I do one on a regular basis, which never affected this before), but now I cant even use the IOCTL function. No plugin I found (even the PSXeven one that I also thought highly of) would find ANY drives in any mode. So I defaulted to the old ForceASPI trick and ALL functions work, yup even the IOCTL one.... hmmmm... is it just me or is that wierd?

*edit*Google ForceASPI or "Force ASPI" and you should find plenty of sites offering it. The v1.7 is known to be more stable and reliable and therefore more prevelant, but the newer (v1.8 i think) one might work well too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts