Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS DOESN"T HAVE TO DO WITH EPSXE directly......

Is anyone else having problems with CD reading when trying to copy a cd?

Ever since i installed epsxe its been acting up...:eyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you say reading?? you mean reading general Windows stuff or just PSX stuff??
It shouldnt much up the CD reading at all...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant general reading.....when i am trying to copy a regular cd....

but i figured it wasn't a epsxe problem...arg...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but this is weird because i checked the cd its fine....i just used it, but when i tried to copy it, reading failed...so i am gonna assume that its a software problem...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i am using Hp My Cd.....mainly because i was too lazy to get something else...but after this it could be a bye bye...i am trying cdrwin now....we shall see...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah what your doing is probably a good thing...
I had problems when i first got my CDWriter, adn used the 'Freebie' software which came with it. it didnt like PSX games and/or some Audio disks, as i guess they had some copy protection in them perhaps, or bad sectors..i dunno. but all was Ok when I got Something like Nero or CDRWin..they all read in binary I think and so just read 1`s and 0`s rather than trying to make sense of file systems on Cd`s and stuff. This is what normally cocks the reading up.
Anyway...hope it helped..

Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah...i am sick of My Cd....i've wasted at least 20 cds with it...surprised it took me this long to get angry with it...:mad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you by chance use ForceASPI when you installed epsxe to make the aspi-based cdrom plugins work? If so, the aspi layer might be conflicting with your cdrom burning software. (I had problems with ForceASPI messing up one of the CD burning programs I used to use; NTI I think.)

If not, I really can't think of what epsxe would have done to interfere with the cd burning software; it doesn't install any drivers or anything itself, nor does it modify the registry outside its own branch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts