Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's games as Wipeout, Wip3out, Devil Dice, etc. Games where the music is stored on the CD as regular tracks you can play in a regular CD player. I saw that ePSXe had an option to turn it on/off, but even with it turned on, no music is playing when I play the games. I tried both version 1.6 and 1.5.2. What could be wrong?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
to get CDDA audio you need to either

1. be playing off the CD, and have the analog audio cable hooked up between CD drive and soundcard
2. make an ISO with cue sheet data so it can read the audio
3. not have a warezed version because they will always cut out the CDDA audio.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should mention that I use Alcohol 120% as CD emulation software. Also, I have found an option in alcohol to enable "direct analog output to directsound" (don't ask), and it fixed the music for Devil Dice. But on Wipeout and Wip3out, only the last track is playing.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
first of all, dont double post.

second, go back and use the playstation preset and make it in CloneCD format. then load the ISO in mooby's CDR plugin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I'm not a trouble maker. I just thought that it would be ok to post again since I posted some usable information.

But this works. Thank you. However, I would rather use the Media Descriptor image. Aren't there any other CD plugins with better support for CDDA music?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
uh, i just asked you to make your post in one thread. you can use the Edit button.

anyway, all CD plugins, to my knowledge, support CDDA audio. you just need the cuesheet file to tell the plugin where the CDDA tracks are. otherwise it doesnt know where to look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh yeah, the edit button... Hmm...

Oh, but that I don't understand. As far as I know, the Media Descriptor image has the same track layout as the original CD. I mean, you can convert an audio CD to a Media Descriptor image and play the audio in a media player too. Why would the CD plugins be unable to play them as well?

Perhaps it's a thing with Alcohol. If I make a virtual image drive of the CloneCD image, still only the last track will play. But then again, it works fine in any media player.

Hmm. The CD layout in Wipeout is different from the one in Devil Dice. Devil Dice seems to be a regular Data + Audio CD, but on the Wipeout CD the music is laying on the disc as wave files renamed to .swp. In the .ccd file of the CloneCD image, there seems to be some pointers to the blocks on the CD where the audio tracks are located.

Perhaps someone needs to add a new function in their CD plugin? :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
The WipEout image I made with Alcohol 120% with options (Playstation profile, CloneCD format, max retries, do not ignore errors, keep subchannel data) works just fine for me. Music and all. Gameplay is better in sssPSX than ePSXe due to engine timing issues in ePSXe 1.6.0, but other than that they both play fine.

Either your image is FUBARed or the wrong kind and you need to make a new one, or there's something wrong with your config.
  • If you're in PAL territory, make sure whichever config you've got reads the subchannel data you saved when you created the image. I've heard PAL versions are copy protected via subchannel data.
  • For WipEout and other 1 disk games with CD sound, you might want to try using Mooby2 to read the image directly rather than go through an extra layer of translation via some form of virtual CD.
  • ePSXe's Run ISO option won't read CD sound
  • ePSXe's internal CDR plugin won't read CD sound, at least not with WipEout when reading the original physical disk. I was under the impression that it didn't do CD sound well at all regardless of physical CD or virtual, though I could be mistaken on that score. I had a similar problem with WipEout 1 where all CDR plugins when used with the physical WipEout 1 disk would only play the last track.
So I'd like to suggest that for WipEout 1 you try my config >>>HERE<<<.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.