Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think theirs something majorly wrong hear. I can hear the thing Constantly Spinning. It wont stop. And None of my software is picking up any discs that im inserting in the drive. its a Samsung CD-R/RW SW- 224B is their anything i can do?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its actualy not. its over a year old and my dad didnt keep the receipt nor did he by an extended warenty. I may end up buying a new drive but at the moment i cant.

But i have discovered one thing, It can Read Normal Discs that already have stuff on them. but Its not picking up any of my blanks anymore. CD-R/RW's

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
you could check if the ASPI layer is properly installed in your system, reinstall ForceASPI. Have you tried updating your drive firmware?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Firmware's Been Updated Before I posted. and I just installed ForceASPI. Still No Luck. I just tried to erase an already full RW disc, it worked. and it picked up the blank one. i bought this 100 pack of Memorex CD's and im starting to Think their Faulty, But The First 10 or so worked. Is their a way to check if the disc is faulty?

·
Registered
226 Posts
*cough* pentium 2....400mhz....HELL how could you burn with this machine. Most new cd burners doesn't get any problem when writing cds. Memorex are one of the best cd brands in the whole world. So they're not faulty or smth. It's your machine. It's slow -_-

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
[Thoughtless] said:
*cough* pentium 2....400mhz....HELL how could you burn with this machine. Most new cd burners doesn't get any problem when writing cds. Memorex are one of the best cd brands in the whole world. So they're not faulty or smth. It's your machine. It's slow -_-
just fyi windows runs perfectly fine. and i can normaly burn cd's , atleast rw's for the time being. my drives just defective. iv been told that its a known lemon from what iv been told so im going to get another one when i build a pc later next month

·
Registered
188 Posts
Burners confuse me, I have an old Phillips burner... I can make a CD with it and it'll work great on computers at work and school and stuff. But if I try to run the CD on the phillips drive i used to make the cd it won't work. :hdbash:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did the first 10 CDR or RW's successfully burn before or after XP sp2, because if it is after, then it's most likely XP's sp2. Try upgrading to the latest Aspi drivers and snuff out the one that Microsoft has on XP. Also Upgrade to a New Version of Nero or Something, and burn the CD's at the lowest rate to avoid burnout to cpu load overdose. I personally do not think there is anything wrong with your CD burner even after the firmware upgrade. By the way, who mentioned it was a lemon, what model and year and make is this drive. To "Whoever" it's not the CD burner it's the software used to burn the CD that affects which machines read burned cd's. Also if it is a CDRW alot of older CD players do read these.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
72da9 said:
Did the first 10 CDR or RW's successfully burn before or after XP sp2, because if it is after, then it's most likely XP's sp2. Try upgrading to the latest Aspi drivers and snuff out the one that Microsoft has on XP. Also Upgrade to a New Version of Nero or Something, and burn the CD's at the lowest rate to avoid burnout to cpu load overdose. I personally do not think there is anything wrong with your CD burner even after the firmware upgrade. By the way, who mentioned it was a lemon, what model and year and make is this drive. To "Whoever" it's not the CD burner it's the software used to burn the CD that affects which machines read burned cd's. Also if it is a CDRW alot of older CD players do read these.
its not SP2 Related. i figgured out whats going on. i just tried one of my roomate's CD-R's And they worked fine. i was able to burn him like 2 CD's. So its these discs. fry's wont let me return them because they already been used. so now i have to call memorex and complain. :( oh well

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
[Thoughtless] said:
I can burn CD's with my DOS PC and it's only using a Pentium 1 with 24 MB RAM :p. Burns at 2x are flawless while burning at 4x causes some errors (but the CD appears to still be usable). A P2 400 is perfectly capable of burning CD's :). I believe I was able to hit 24-32x with my old K6-2 500.

I guess every burner has some brand of discs that it doesn't like. My Lite-On burner (LTR-52246S) doesn't seem to like burning to the Maxell CD-R's I got or to my brother's TDK discs, although it loved the Sony discs I had previously. It spins up and down repeatedly for about 30-60 seconds before it starts burning but the CD's haven't come out screwed up. I tried flashing the firmware with the latest revision and that seemed to shorten the spin up/down time a bit so maybe you should try doing that.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
n_w95482 said:
I can burn CD's with my DOS PC and it's only using a Pentium 1 with 24 MB RAM :p. Burns at 2x are flawless while burning at 4x causes some errors (but the CD appears to still be usable). A P2 400 is perfectly capable of burning CD's :). I believe I was able to hit 24-32x with my old K6-2 500.

I guess every burner has some brand of discs that it doesn't like. My Lite-On burner (LTR-52246S) doesn't seem to like burning to the Maxell CD-R's I got or to my brother's TDK discs, although it loved the Sony discs I had previously. It spins up and down repeatedly for about 30-60 seconds before it starts burning but the CD's haven't come out screwed up. I tried flashing the firmware with the latest revision and that seemed to shorten the spin up/down time a bit so maybe you should try doing that.
yeah i guse, but i still find it really stupid that the first 5 worked but the rest dont oO guse my drive doesnt like that many cd-r's . o well. ill have a better computer soon :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts