Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know cdr's won't work with a normal ps1 but if you have a modchip;) they will! something to do with the boot code or something, anywho just wondering will the same hold true for a chipped ps2. By that i mean will a teac cdrw 8*8*32 be a ble to produce perfect replica's of a ps2 game(w/out boot code obviously)or would i need a better cdrw> Is there any real need to get a burn proof one.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well, if you have a stable system and dont plan to do anything else while buring, no, you dont really need burnproof... I have an old 4x4x26 Smart and Friendly and i havent burt a coster in years (coster = bad cd)...

Plextor claims with thier cdrom and cd-r's that you can create a bit for bit perfect replica..

But you could most likely do a perfect with any newer CD-R as long as you had a good CD-Reader... And with the ps2, you have to remember that most of their games (from what i have seen) are on DVD's. And a DVD recorder is a pretty penny...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well mines even older than that ... a 2X recorder (no rewrite support!). Got it in 1994 and still burns like a charm. There is a occasional coaster but at least nowadays it is not as big a waste (In 1994 blanks cost $20 each!)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, i can buy 50 cds for 7 bucks now... Most I ever paid was about 8 bucks a CD when i first got my Sony 1x writer... so... long... ago...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
In my case I had to import them from the states... That added quite a bit to the price. Now I can walk into the local hifi shop and buy 'em for next to nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts