Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

I've spent the past, what, 4 hours trying to get 8 different emulators working right. I've come down to two of them that I've been able to setup pretty nicely: ssspsx, and pSX.

I just want to get my games with an audio track to play properly. In SSSPSX, it plays just fine, but, for example, in Destruction Derby 2, it will crash before a race starts. The audio track in the menus play just fine. In pSX, the CD audio doesn't work at all.

I would rather get everything to work perfectly in pSX, as it just seems nicer in everything that it does. I like how I can play around in the original BIOS and stuff of the Playstation. pSX has the best video quality and the best audio quality out of all the other PS1 emulators that I've tried.

But yeah, any help would be great. Here's the plugins I'm using in SSSPSX:

Thanks.

Oh, I'm using the original disc instead of an image.

·
Viking
27 Posts
Well, it could be the speed of your drive. It may not to be able to read as fast as it displays. You could try to make an iso from your disk or try Eternal SPU plugin with XA enabled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SSSPSX, for the CD plugin I'm using (the internal one), I can't change the drive speed.

Actually, I'll just use pSX. CD audio doesn't work, but everything else works beautifully. I just wish the edges on 3D stuff was so jagged when running a game in full screen (it still looks kinda funky with 8xAA).

I would rather not make ISO's. I want to use my computer as a complete PS1 replacement.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
pSX supports CDA just fine, if its not working, its a bad image. or your drive doesn't support the required read mode.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Notice in the first thread that it says I'm not using an image.

CD Audio works just fine in SSSPSX, but doesn't in pSX. I would rather use pSX, but if I can't get that part working, then I'll just not worry about it.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
CDDA is the correct CDAudio access for PSX games. PSX uses CDDA, if i ts not working, your drive does not support CD Digital Audio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every drive has to support CDDA or elsenit wouldn't even be able to play audio CDs.

Tell me this: why does CD Audio work fine in SSSPSX but not pSX? I've already played around with the config a bunch. Their website says that CD Audio is supposed to work (I believe).

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
WRONG.

most plugins that work in SSSPSX use CD Audio. not CD Digital Audio.

logic fail much?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ooh wow! I don't know the difference between CDDA and CD Audio! BIG WOOP!

I'll just stick with pSX. I like how when I start it up, it immediately loads the BIOS as if it were a real PS1. If there was a way to get SSSPSX to do that, then I would stick with that.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
epsxe can.... and its better then ssspsx

whats with the ssspsx whoring lately anyway .......

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
ssspsx is pretty much the same as epsxe, with just the way the plugin settings are handled being different.

If you prefer ssspsx's layout, you can try PCSX-R, supports more plugins and has more fixes

·
Banned
35,081 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope, no CD audio. I'm using the same exact plugins and config as SSSPSX.

Is there a way to get SSSPSX to load the BIOS first? It kind of does. I can get to the memory card and CD player menu but if I want it to play an audio CD, it has to be an actual PS disc. It's kind of confusing...

In pSX, it can just load the BIOS, then I can "inject" a disc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.