Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, ATI announced the release of the Catalyst 9.5 drivers...but for some odd reason not on their website. Well, after doing some googling I actually found legitimate 9.5 drivers... they matched up but for some reason ATI has yet to update their website with official downloads. I'd say install at your own risk until they actually put the drivers up.

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Doesn't make any difference for me. In fact, when I installed 9.2, ATITools became unable to overclock my card oO So I has to remove it and go back to 8.8 (not 8.7, its 8.8)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
do it via ati tray tools.

ati tools sucks now >.>

·
ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
And use something above 9.1 GF the Opengl in 8.X is still a mess(not to mention performance issues and bugs)...

PS: strange there on guru3d to, why do i get the feeling these "leaked" drivers are in fact leaked by ATi for the purpose of needing some beta testers :lol:
Ah and btw there are up on ati's site its just that you need a download manager to get them there hidden a little :p.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Computerhardware.de did some tests, if you have a 4850 you'd better stick with your old drivers. These will bring down performance for you.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
I'm beginning to hate ATI.
All Nvidia has to do is lower their prices and they'd beat any competition.
Why's that? I ask out of curiosity and not to nit-pick. My last system build was in 2003 and I used an ATI All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro as my video card back then. The card was so awesome that it made me switch camps (again) and I never had any complaints about it. Though I've worked at a computer repair shop for a while, I never had a customer come in with a new, high-end ATI card in their system.

·
ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
They just went "live" with the drivers on there sites they seemed to improved some performance, there new "ATi Stream" feature that looks more like some previous bugs resolve, games like Doom 3, Quake 4, Enemy teritory quake wars seems to have a drop in performance oO, there seem to have made more fixes in the video departement, strange it doesnt say anything about OCing more.

Computerhardware.de did some tests, if you have a 4850 you'd better stick with your old drivers. These will bring down performance for you.
I wonder if its true for the drivers realeased today...

I'm beginning to hate ATI.
All Nvidia has to do is lower their prices and they'd beat any competition.
Although il be onest and say i dont agree with you :p, i have the same question as Masta g.

·
Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My problems thusfar::

-Heat
-No physX support
-HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Linux compatibility
-They work in wine about as well as a gallon of milk works on a keyboard.

-Linux problems with CCC::

-no temperature readout
-no over-clocking
-no fan speed adjustments

*facepalm*

·
Registered
315 Posts
are you saying those problems happens in all linux available or on the linux you have? PhysX is not all that crack up to be, doesn't using it make it go at snail speed (still not that much games that support it), heat you are exaggerated have one and its no problem at all.

·
ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Ah for a linux user i admit ati can be "problematic" its a general linux problem i'm afraid because ati doesnt want to go open source with their drivers and dont seem to focus enough on the linux ones (thing which nvidia did thats why they have good linux drivers).

·
Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
are you saying those problems happens in all linux available or on the linux you have? PhysX is not all that crack up to be, doesn't using it make it go at snail speed (still not that much games that support it), heat you are exaggerated have one and its no problem at all.
ALL, the drivers aren't distro specific to the point of that kind of difference. The only differences between distros are the packages installed after configuration.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.