Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You never know... it may be good.... I mean I am still waiteing for that Devil May Cry movie... anyway i'm not sure what name they are going to use. most of us just call it Castlevania (after LoI was released)

-data-

The long-lived Castlevania videogame series is at last coming to the movie theater. Sci Fi Wire and Variety report that Crystal Sky Pictures has struck a deal with Dimension Films and Konami, the Japanese game developer. Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil, Alien vs Predator) is confirmed as their pick to adapt and direct the vampire film.

Castlevania, which often goes by the name Demon Castle Dracula in Japan, is a highly successful franchise of side-scrolling console games that goes back to the Famicom and the original Nintendo. The plots of the various games are supposed to fit into the timeline of Bram Stoker's Dracula, and follow the exploits of the Belmont family through the ages in defeating the vampire Dracula after each of his many resurrections. These adventures typically involve fighting other monsters and mythological beasts and solving puzzles before Dracula himself is confronted.

-data-

· Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Blah, will probably suck, I've just watched the treaser for the DOA movie (horribly ****ty), and I have 0 hope for the video games to movies incoming conversions, besides Halo, gotta admit MS and Bungie are doing everything to make it good.

· Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Well, I hope that they won't mess the Silent Hill movie up. If it really gets the same atmosphere the games had, it will become the most scary movie ever made. I wish that they won't just stick to old horror movie clichés...

· NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Please someone most stop them, they're ruining all games! Couldn't they just leave Castlevania alone?

Click here for the link to the teaser :
UUach! This DOA will be the worst game conversion to a movie ever! and that's saying a lot considering how horrible the others have been.

I think I might start a petition to leave the games alone!

· Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Kazuya Mishima said:
One thing to have into account. This time they have the support of the Konami and if they are working closely the result should be decemt enought.... let me have hopes ok? :lol:
You're talking about Silent Hill, aren't you? Yes, I too heard that the movie team is working closely together with the SH staff to ensure that the movie will look as expected. Let's wait and see.

· Back from the dead
3,743 Posts
ChankastRules said:
Please someone most stop them, they're ruining all games! Couldn't they just leave Castlevania alone?

UUach! This DOA will be the worst game conversion to a movie ever! and that's saying a lot considering how horrible the others have been.

I think I might start a petition to leave the games alone!
I doubt anything could be worse than "House of the Dead". You couldn't pay me enough to watch that movie again.

· Registered
822 Posts
And you can see how desperate Hollywood has become, if they need to go make a video game into a movie. Well, we can just add this movie probrably to the other failures in the past couple of decades of video game movies.

· Registered
7,407 Posts
It's so Hollywood it's funny.. god, why do game developers even give out rights to these idiots?

· Registered
7,407 Posts
Exactly! It's quite saddening really. :(

· !!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I hope this will be real Adventure Horror movie like Castlevania should be, not an brainless monster action movie with couple of sudden-movement scenes that give quick surprise spook (which is NOT HORROR, its just a spook!) which is too popular nowadays. Otherwise, i wont probaply bother...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.