Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have no real problmes with the game it's just a bit slow so I tried to search the board for configs but I didn't find any. So what would you ppl recommend to speed up things a bit?

sys specs:
pII 392 Mhz (overclocked)
GeForce 2 MX 32 MB
128 MB RAM

Using Pete's OpenGl 1.51 GPU
and Iori's 1.471 SPU
and Pete's 1.6 CDR
and scph1001.bin bios

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disable sound in Castlevania? Don't you like get to prison for doing a thing like that? Come on isn't there anything I can do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try lowering the settings on Pete's plugiin (ie, select "fast"), although this shouldn't have a big impact because you have a nice gfx card and castlevania is a 2d game.
Reducing the quality of sound (eg, frequency, reverb, etc) could have a bigger impact ... You can test this easily by disabling sound (ie use the nosound plugin), the speed at which the game runs then should be the max speed you'll get out of your system...
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by Gesthal
Disable sound in Castlevania? Don't you like get to prison for doing a thing like that? Come on isn't there anything I can do?
Yes you should go to prison for taking out the sound in Castlevania!!!! I think I would personally cart someone off to jail for that!!!!!! No offense to anyone just that the music in Castlevania is soooooooooooooo KWEEH!

:dead: BrandonLeeJr :dead:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I messed around with the sound options a found a way to gain about 10 fps in some places without to much of a music quality drop.. oh and when I go that old guy in the library to buy/sell stuff the fps drops to 15 when that transparent meny is shown..wierd..but it don't bothers me much..

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
You also might want to make sure you've got fullscreen anti-aliasing off. And really, that cpu is hurtin you, is it really too much to upgrade to a celery? That video card is just sitting there twiddling its thumbs!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actully I've been thinking to upgrade to a p4 or something .. but since my m/b is so *ehum*sorry* old that I might simply buy a new m/b and everything..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts