Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm playing Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow on no$gba 2.6a, I'm about halfway through the game and so far everything has run fine, but recently I've encountered a wierd bug that I can't find documented in any of the FAQ's.

I'm in the Cursed Clock Tower zone, and seemingly randomly my character will drop to the floor and just start attacking in place, ignoring commands, and any monsters will freeze in place too.

Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually, I think I found a fix for it. While the character wouldn't accept inputs like movement of set switching, I could enter the start menu, from there, I'd switch to set b, leave the menu, go back in, switch back to set a, and shortly I'd snap out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Hmm... haven't played Dawn of Sorrow but as far as I know there is a specific enemy (an imp or devil of some sort) on many Castlevania games that makes your character act like that if it hits you.
The enemy is probably invisible cause there's either an emulation issue (try messing with the gfx options of the emulator, or even try another emulator in that case) or the enemy is supposed to be invisible until you find some sort of item or meet some relevant prerequisites.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, turns out there really wasn't a problem. I just didn't know those imps could do that, and the 7 or 8 seconds it took to wore off was longer than I was willing to sit there mashing keys.

Well that's embarrassing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts