Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first topic created in this board.:)
And no, it's not a useless topic. I heard that Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin could be played quite nicely in the latest version of NeonDS, so I thought I'd try it out.

I got as far as the first painting, entered it and all. I appear on this town-like place, everything is going smoothly so far, until I decide to move one screen to the right, and the screen(lower screen) goes black.

It was foolish of me not to try pressing Select, to see if it was an actual crash, or simply a lack of graphics, but, the question is...

Is this normal, or was this "just my luck"? I'll try again in a few minutes and come back with the results, but if you can help me, by all means, do. ;)

·
<font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE
21,977 Posts
I know you're excited about being the first poster, but you still should make your thread titles relevant to the content of your post ;) I changed it for you.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was gonna add "(actual topic)" or "(CV:pOR problem inside)", but I decided not to. Oh well.

EDIT: I tried again...
The crash is a full crash, since Select does not change what is displayed at the top.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I don't know what's wrong with your. Mine is fine. It didn't crashed! I tried use select button to see the character's level and etc and still didnt crashed so everything is ok. :)

Edit: When I went into the Painting. Go right and I'll find a Warp Room (straight into a castle Warp Room). Keep going right into the next one and it turn into black screen.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe it's because mine is the European version?
Versions are known to be different between countries, even if the content is exactly the same(hell, there's not even a dialog change).

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still, why are the problems happening in different places?
Can you do me a favor? Get a screen of that second room in the painting, will you?

·
Registered
83 Posts
There's a 3d background where you're trying to go. A 3d building is there in the background. Most likely the lack of correct 3D gfx fifo irq or something. You won't be able to get past that point until it's fixed.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What worries me, though, is that RockmanForte was able to go past it. How is this even happening? The build he's using should be the same, and if it's a graphical problem, why is it present on one, and not the other?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't think so. See his edit.
Edit: When I went into the Painting. Go right and I'll find a Warp Room (straight into a castle Warp Room). Keep going right into the next one and it turn into black screen.
It crashes for him too. :p

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
What worries me, though, is that RockmanForte was able to go past it. How is this even happening? The build he's using should be the same, and if it's a graphical problem, why is it present on one, and not the other?

Here:

Yes, both U and E. :)

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I meant the screen to the right of that one. That is the one where it crashes.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FPS still run, yes, but the game crashes altogether, since you can't move(can't go back), and the map/status screen simply stops working. It's a crash, though not an emulator crash.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, this is a known problem. I didn't play so far but I got the same problem from some of my friends.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts