Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested. I wonder what you guys think of it. Personally i think it's a great movie that gets bogged down too much in the second half with the uber-dense plot. But the colours, direction, music, and acting in my opinion merge into one great film. I own the 3-disk DVD set and both soundtracks btw. :D

If you have no idea what Casshern is ... surely you've seen the trailer. It's worthy of at least seeing.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Okay, I haven't seen it. Why don't you give us a link to the trailer? I would look for it myself but I'm way too lazy.

*edit* never mind, just got to Casshern.com it has the trailer there. It looks sick but is there an english version. My Japanese is like my Italian.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Not bad... but not terribly great either. I thought some of the fight scenes were a little weak. The first fight against that female uber-human used too much music video like editing. And the ending was a little bit disappointing...

But the production values were pretty damn stunning. Although the line between "real world" scenery and CG backgrounds is becoming less distinct, it was fairly obvious that the actors were simply acting against a blank background (ala a blue screen background like Star Wars Episodes I and II). Nonetheless, pretty damn impressive CG effects for a movie which doesn't have the financial backing of a Hollywood summer blockbuster or Star Wars film.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you have to look at the fact that the movie was telling a story first and fighting second. But I prefer this film to the pretentious trash that is the Matrix anyday.

I am putting money on the table right now that there is a Hollywood executive planning an American version of this film right now. With the soul sucked out of it and replaced with product placement, half-ass actors instead of the talented Japanese ones, a plot that is paper-thin for the masses, clichéd fight scenes, and Ben Affleck.

Just pass me the razor blade right now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw it and I really liked the fight scenes (the fact that it's not realistic doesn't bother me at all). The story seemed interesting but I didn't understand anything...
(Anyway, it made me laugh a lot because of the manga/video games influences in the film.)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
This looks cool. I would defintaely like to see an english version someday. I never really cared for anime's, but the style when adapted to real people just looks awesome!

Yea, Hollywood might make it "their style" which I honestly hope doesn't happen, but I would really love to see this movie with better Special Effects and in english :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts