Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a coolermaster CM690, which is a fine case. Comes with three fans, front, back and one on the side. The side fan is the one i'm having issues with. It is an intake fan, and while it is very good at reducing temps (makes my mobo 5 degrees cooler while idle) it brings dust into the case. The top of my gtx260 216 has a thin layer of dust on it, and the system is only about 3 weeks old! Also, the grating on the case, in front of the fan, gets dusty as well. Is this all par for the course? Is there anything that I can do to prevent this? I'd like to keep the fan, as it does keep things nice and cool, but i'm dreading the dustiness of the case after a few months.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Make a dust filter out of old stockings.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
or wire gause, works as well.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
If you're tower is sitting on a carpet floor, there's not much you can do other then put on some filters.

That doesn't mean it'll be smooth sailing from there. Just open up the side panel, get a hand vac ready and blast some air in there. I do it at least once a month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.