Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it would seem I have finally gotten a job to teach English overseas and so now I need to prepare for my trip. I am needing assistance getting a good carrying case that will carry my PS2 and a good sum of games (50+ in their original cases). I have googled the best I can and found only two to my knowledge.

1) The official PS2 carrying case, not too many details on how many games it carries.

2) A G Pak which seems to me is more sturdier and holds a lot more games, the only downside to it is that the games have to be put in sleeves, leaving the boxes where they are.

If someone could suggest between these two and or another brand in which I can go look up and do more research in it would be of great help.

·
KO'ed User
935 Posts
Do you know how much space 50 DVD-sized boxes gonna take? Why not just buy one of those Cd carry cases you just put the disc alone?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am overshooting the amount slightly I am only taking the games I have yet to finish. The only reason why is because I am a stickler when it comes to keeping everything as they were originally.

·
KO'ed User
935 Posts
Oh, I see. I never seen some orginal carry bags for PS2, but why not search places like lik-sang.com They should have something like it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I would order from them, but the time span of them coming here is a hit and miss. By the time it get heres I will be long gone. I still have a few games that are back ordered since last year and are suppose to come this week.

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
umm.. why not use service like FedEx or UPS or another mailing service to ship over ur PS2 and all the games where ur going. Thats what i would do.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Indeed. Box your games up into a good sturdy box with lots of packaging and fedex them to your new home. Im sure the official ps2 case will be fine for everything else.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that will probrably pretty expensive for shipping. I will inquire about it, as for the official PS2 carrying case it seem the most it can hold is about 2 -4 games. Oh well I will see what to do about bring it over, maybe a re-enforced steel box with enough cushion and 3 pad locks should keep it survivable for the trip :D

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
eh? Console case?
DW travels at least once or twice a year..(Maybe more), and we always go with a console. We just take a regular carry on baggage case, a DVD / CD case, and secure it in place with a change of cloths and hygiene stuff (You never know if you may lose your bags stowed under the plane). Works good for us...even with a bulky Xbox.

We won't lie ..we contemplated a PS2 Slimline and a laptop case combo for travel...but for now our system works..heck..we can even squeeze the cube (Gamecube) in there every now and then

·
An old lady.
408 Posts
1). A case for your ps2
2). A CARDBOARD BOX for your games. jeez... :rolleyes:
Who the hell needs to have 50+ games available to them anywhere, anytime?

·
band
4,912 Posts
dare i suggest getting a copy of HDloader and a 250 gig HD to go with it. u can then load all ur games on the HD, and put the entire thing in one case for ur ps2 (a large enuff laptop bag would do).

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Heh, I will be out of the country for a year let us not forget that. I am going to be teaching in a rural farming area so you can guess what that means right? :p As for the idea D.D. mentioned above, I did that for all the imported games I bought, those I will leave here since their value is much higher sentimentally than the ones I bought in North America.

EDIT: Also as I mentioned in the earlier post I overshooted that amount by a lot. The reason is I will be buying more games when I get there so I need to accomodate for the return.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts