Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, everyone!
I recently caught a bad case of "retro fever" wanting to play some games I remember fondly from my youth. One particular one, Carnage Heart", has been giving me problems for days. For some reason, the ePSXe emulator is the only one that will work well enough on my system, an HP ACPI x64-based laptop I got in 2018, with an Intel i7-7500U quadcore CPU and Intel HD Graphics 620 card. I've tried different emulators for two days but no dice.
Anyway, the issue happens when I try to play the Carnage Heart ROM: The opening movie plays great, but if I press any controller button it freezes, and if I let it run to the title screen it also freezes before showing the start, load, or versus options. I've let it sit for half an hour and nothing. The same things also happen when I try to play it from the disc (yes, I still have the game discs with no scratches! lol). However, the Mission Briefing plays just fine, both ROM and disc. I'm posting here in the forlorn hope that someone will be able to help me get around this problem.
I'm sorry if this has been discussed in a previous post. I scrolled through eighty pages of threads without seeing even one word about this, but maybe I didn't go far enough. I truly do not understand why the game won't run; ePSXe runs Warzone 2100 just fine, both ROM and disc.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts