Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow ngemuins im at the point of my life where im choosing my career for the rest of my life. Im really looking into Nanotechnology. I am extremely interested in this field. I was hoping to find a career in medicine that utilizes nanotech. I am looking for something like a website that could help guide me to becoming one, and whats its like and what it takes. Thanks

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
I'd check out local colleges and universities and ask them to recommend which programs to take so you can get all of the qualifications and stuff to become a part of that field. I'm thinking that you'll have to go through a LOT of schooling to do what you want to do (Masters, probably even a PHD might be required so you can be fully qualified). I'm thinking of 7+ years of school. I'm guessing that you'll get better information from a university than a college but it wouldn't hurt to ask at both types of institutions. :) I hope this helps.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help :)

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sophomore in highschool. Yea i plan on taking AP chem and AP biology (advanced placement) in my next few years.

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
makotech222 said:
sophomore in highschool. Yea i plan on taking AP chem and AP biology (advanced placement) in my next few years.
If you haven't already start taking science and math courses in high school.

The high school basic courses that you need if you want to get into the science course in University.

-Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Finite (sp?)
-Algebra
-Calculus

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im already 1 year ahead in math (algebra 3-4) and i plan on going into calculus senior year.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Hit up career fairs at your school, and open houses colleges/universities have. Also if you are a real keener, ask to go on "Student for a day" trips etc. At open houses go on tours, and talk to the professors etc about what you are interested in and more information you can get about their schools.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Also make sure it isn't simply a characteristic you like about the career you want. You'll find there are very different career paths you can follow, for example, that feature the characteristic of composition. Animation, Game Design, Graphic Design, Engineering, etc all fit into that particular characteristic.

So make sure you're really really really certain the field you choose is what you really want to do.

Hope that helps you, mako, or anyone else looking into careers they want to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.