· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Women and driving :rolleyes:

· Banned
10,931 Posts
Investigators Say Paparazzi Didn't Cause Lohan Crash

Remember to post the article and a link to it next time
Investigators Say Paparazzi Didn't Cause Lohan Crash

Investigators said today they do not believe celebrity photographers caused teenage actress Lindsay Lohan to crash her Mercedes-Benz into a delivery truck.

"It was not a factor. It didn't cause the accident," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Scott Gage.
The agency's conclusion contradicts statements made by Lohan's representative, and leaves the official cause of the accident yet to be determined.

Within seconds of the crash, at least two photographers were snapping images of the distressed actress, witnesses said.

Gage said that the investigation has shown that the case may be "a civil matter." He said a citation may be issued for violation of the California Vehicle Code, an infraction.

The accident Tuesday afternoon was on Robertson Boulevard near Beverly Hills, just blocks from where the star was rammed by a paparazzi earlier this year in an incident that led to a criminal investigation and a new law penalizing stalker photographers.

Tuesday's accident occurred shortly after Lohan was trailed and photographed by paparazzi as she lunched and shopped along the boulevard.

"This is another example of the paparazzi endangering citizens, both Ms. Lohan and the other driver in the collision," Leslie Sloane, the actress' spokeswoman, said Tuesday. Sloane could not be reached today.

Sheriff's Lt. Keith Swensson said authorities are looking into whether the van driver made an illegal U-turn.

While heading north on Robertson, Lohan, in her black convertible Mercedes sports car, broadsided the van on its driver's side. The van's driver was taken to a hospital with moderate injuries, authorities said, while Lohan and a passenger suffered minor injuries.

According to witnesses and authorities, the star of such films as "Mean Girls" and "Herbie: Fully Loaded" was behind the wheel when she struck that maroon van that was making the U-turn in front of her. The accident occurred just before 5 p.m. near Beverly Boulevard.

The van, which was driven by an employee of the Newsroom Cafe, was trying to pull into a parking space when it was struck on the driver's side and propelled into a large truck, authorities said.

"It was a very violent crash," said witness Katherine Starr, 50, of New Orleans. "It was such a loud impact. It was explosive."

The air bags on Lohan's Mercedes deployed, and the actress and her friend opened their doors and ran into a nearby antiques store.

The van's driver stumbled onto the street and was helped by employees of the restaurant, witnesses said.

The stretch of Robertson where the crash occurred is a haunt for stars, who are drawn to its boutiques and eateries. The area also draws celebrity photographers looking to snap candid photos.

It was in the same neighborhood four months ago that Lohan made headlines when a celebrity photographer rammed his car into her car. The accident gave rise to a special investigative task force that prosecutes criminal cases against aggressive paparazzi.

On May 31, police arrested Galo Ramirez, 24, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, and said Ramirez was attempting to photograph Lohan when the collision occurred. Several other paparazzi were on the scene almost immediately to photograph and videotape a distressed Lohan.

The crash prompted a new law that imposes steep financial penalties for paparazzi who commit assaults in their pursuit of celebrity photos. The measure, which goes into effect Jan. 1, was signed into law Friday by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Arnold Cousart, owner of the JFX photo agency, said with Tuesday's collision, "yet again we are being made scapegoats."

"Lindsay taunts the photographers," he said, denying any photographers were near the collision.
Yeah LOL poor car

· Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Anyone got pics of this?!?! I bet she looks hot all fulstered and confused lol. And if it was her falt she should lose her licence.

· PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,398 Posts
... last weekend Otylia Jedrzejczak - our swimming champion, caused accident in which her brother died... she just got few scratches, that ain't funny, as any other accident Viper_Viper

· The ChinaDude!!!
4,171 Posts
I survived my crash... But isn't she that redhead from mean girls?

Damn, it's be a waste if she would be dead. Dead girls suck...

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts

· Premium Member
5,551 Posts
It'd be a shame if she did get ...errr....mashed, she's rather cute :wub:

(click on thumb for CKemu's patented daft-o-res size image)

· <font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,456 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
No they don't :p
.....You have a dead girls fetish? :evil:

Yours,
-Elly

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
They taste good on BBQ :evil:

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
But who can blame her? They taste great with onions and beer, you can't resist something like that :evil:

· Experenced But New User
866 Posts
KanedA said:
... last weekend Otylia Jedrzejczak - our swimming champion, caused accident in which her brother died... she just got few scratches, that ain't funny, as any other accident Viper_Viper
I know its not funny, I know two of my friends who just got into car accidents recently, one I actually witnessed. I was in the car directly behind him and some teenager girl comes flying out of a little shopping center on the right-hand side trying to make it to the left-hand turn lane, their two cars bump together parallel to each other, then his car peels off and hits a lamppost. That was one of the scariest things I have ever seen. Luckily no one was hurt. I was merely trying to be funny, a sad attempt I guess.

PS. I know about Otylia Jedrzejczak. I am a swimmer/waterpolo player myself. When my friend had his accident it was on a game day when we went out for lunch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.