Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
hm, we're posting about each other's favourite genres today ;)

on, pc, sure, lots. I'll get to that right away; first console entries;

some console games allow graphics customisation, allthough it can be tedious. I know Rage Racer PS supports it and if you like pixel art you'll probably have a good time with it.
NFSU2 on DS will also support it, using the stylus. Neat (I see no reason why a PC wouldnt be able to do that as well, but hey....innovation is only limited to devices with a stylus, so it seems).

On, PC...well, tons of games have the ability to change textures. They're often unofficial community tools though, and sometimes it can be a bit of a pain to convert textures.

Live For Speed does have it, and is pretty easy to use; the car skins are JPG files and can easily be edited in any paint program. I've made various skins for this one.

Racing Simulation 3 (a bit older game that's recently gone really budget) has a nice texture import/export tool as well, but the textures are numbered and its a bit of a hassle to find the correct ones.

The NFSU games (at least the first, so I guess the second as well) have unofficial tools to replace some of the game's skins with your own. You cant add new ones, only replace exisiting.

Trackmania has tools for it as well, haven't tested them yet.

Many of the games at http://www.bhmotorsports.com/sim have options to alter the skins/pics (and models), mostly with tools from the community, but most of the games there are simulation types, so you'll have to kinda like that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Samor said:
NFSU2 on DS will also support it, using the stylus. Neat (I see no reason why a PC wouldnt be able to do that as well, but hey....innovation is only limited to devices with a stylus, so it seems).

its not availible on pc for nfsu 1 or 2 to ensure cross platform online compatibility which i think is :cuss2: but what are you gonna do you know?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
benitojuarez said:
its not availible on pc for nfsu 1 or 2 to ensure cross platform online compatibility which i think is :cuss2: but what are you gonna do you know?
it's posibble (AFAIK for NFSU1 for sure) :) but if you do such thing, you won't be able to play it online

1 - 6 of 6 Posts