Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in the department of programming capcom is falling behind in the streetfighter franchise there running out of ideas i really expected alot out of there newest title street fighter 4 it is true that it is somewhat of an emprovement. this so called end boss named seth is nothin but rip off of the soul calibur boss inferno as you may now it. capcom took the ideas from the soul calibur boss and crafted him as seth. secondly it doesnt matter who fights up against seth he always says the same thing. the only true factor about streetfighter 4 is the online.

my thoughts about snk playmore is that they have severly improved during the years and example would of been there kof maxximum impact series even with the ps2 graphics the player models are phonominal there battle system beats the crap out of the street fighter 4 battle system and also snk playmore does better scripts aka storylines

simply putting and this my opinion that if capcom where to give the street fighter franchise to snk playmore they would improve the whole franchise alot better. snk just has better creativity

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
WTF? Could you back that up? Because everything I hear about Street Fighter IV is GOOD and King of Fighters 12 doesn't sound anywhere as good as say King of Fighters 98 *Ultimate*...

Look I'm a big SNK junkie who LOVES KOF, but from KOF 2000-XI, there hasn't been a lot of good KOF except maybe KOF2003, and that's if you like tagging the characters which "kills" the team aspect of the game.

Seriously, I hate to tell you the truth and knock my favorite fighting games, but Capcom is doing fine with Street Fighter and SNK / Playmore is a shell of it's former self,,,

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WTF? Could you back that up? Because everything I hear about Street Fighter IV is GOOD and King of Fighters 12 doesn't sound anywhere as good as say King of Fighters 98 *Ultimate*...

Look I'm a big SNK junkie who LOVES KOF, but from KOF 2000-XI, there hasn't been a lot of good KOF except maybe KOF2003, and that's if you like tagging the characters which "kills" the team aspect of the game.

Seriously, I hate to tell you the truth and knock my favorite fighting games, but Capcom is doing fine with Street Fighter and SNK / Playmore is a shell of it's former self,,,
try playing kof maxximum impact 2 and compare the 2, snks battle system pawns

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Oh stop with the Capcom VS SNK thing! Tekken 6 is beating them both at the same time! /sarcasm

Seriously though, it's like apples to oranges, different games, both uses a similar idea. Now can we all get a big hug? :)

PS. I play all three competitively. Very different.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Street Fighter is one thing, KOF is another. They have different styles. Personally I think Street Fighter has a much more balanced system. I like both games, but I don't want to see Street Fighter being turned into a KOF like game. Street Fighter is a damn classic.

·
Oilslime
77 Posts
This guy...

...needs a new game.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
This guy...

...needs a new game.
Indeed,

I made a thread about the very thing 1.5 years ago.

Oh man this is awesome. Here is a leaked screenshot of Killer Instinct 3 a buddy of mine at Nintendo of America HQ gave me. It shows KI3 taking place farther down the games timeline as all the characters have now aged. Here we see T.J Combo and Orchid dueling in some kind of arena with blood thirsty spectators screaming for violence.
And yes these graphics are in game and Wii capable. The game will debut with release of the HD Wii, which is slated for a late 2011 release.

2d hd sprite cg snapshots would be awesome, utilizing todays technology, my god i'd drool.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Fulgore :D Brutal name as well. Killer Instinct rocked, though the AI was annoying with the combo breakers that were next to impossible to pull off yourself.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
And even if you could the d-pad would rub your thumbs clean of any skin that was daintily hanging in place. Ahh killer instinct, how I yearn for a new installment of your off wall characters, ridiculous combos and pumping techno soundtrack.

I miss 90's fighters :(

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Paula Abdul should win...

anyway.
ehrm.
KOF and SF have similar backgrounds, so comparison is not so weird.
However, I think it Capcom made a great move by making the sequel in the main series a game that retains the gameplay, but with modern technology. All the 3d ripoffs of 2d games so far were surrogate games... nowadays, technology advanced where it's perfectly possible to do any 2d game in 3d. Id hoped it wouldve been possible in the previous generation, but apparantly that wasn't enough. It's the case now, though, and Capcom is much smarter than SNK in that regard by simply taking that step.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Although SNK and Capcom have comparable skill in creating good fighters, i might disagree.

As much as KOF is SNK's, SF is Capcom's. You can just give one to the other, they will mess it up.

Just like Resident Evil is Capcom's, and Mario is Nintendo's. Although i would love to see Mario shooting zombies down with bazooka's to save some hotlace that keeps screaming for help, even if she doesnt need it. But thats it. I dont wanna see Chris Redfield throwing fireballs at shrooms, trying to save Claire and Jill from the evil Nemesis.

lol.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I found the Maximum Impacts to play closely enough to their 2D counterparts. But I'm not KoF fanatic, so I probably wouldn't notice many differences/problems.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
I found the Maximum Impacts to play closely enough to their 2D counterparts. But I'm not KoF fanatic, so I probably wouldn't notice many differences/problems.
I think there's some problems...

but, it's also a feeling.

I guess that's why SNK rebranded MI2 KOF2006 in the US (AFAIK)

But... they should've just transferred the main series to 3D. Dare to admit that that's the new KOF. Instead, they just made a spinoff.

People will (almost always) see a spinoff as a spinoff, even if it's a really good one.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Dear Capcom,

More Power Stone please.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
skore
No offense, but i had Powerstone for Dreamcast skore, and i don't see whats so great about it. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.