Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have been going on these forums lately to try to work the ps2 emulator and I have gotten alot of help from all the threads. I have been search everywhere to try to find a solution to transfering my Kingdom hearts 2 PSV from my ps3 to pcsx2.

I had already saved it on a usb stick so I put it on my computer, followed the instructions with psv exporter, ps2 save builder and mymc.

My pcsx2 is running fine on my macbook 2.4gzh (unibody, the nvidia ones) so I don't think there is any compatibility issues with it, I am running on Vista in boot camp.

My game is running from my (legit) disk that I own and I am using the right plugin (gzh cdvd plugin).

I am able to connect my ps3 controller to my computer via usb and work it for the game which works fine. (these are all the things I am saying I did just to make sure if there is anything wrong you guys can tell me :) )

So the problem is, when I did all the steps with the psv file, export, save, import to the memcard1.ps2 file(?) it gives me an error telling me it already exists, even though it doesn't.

I tried it on the memcard2.ps2 file and it worked but then it doesn't show it in the ps2 browser or in game in the load menu, so that is kind of off.

I tried deleting and then formatting the memcards several times but then mymc says the same thing and even shows the same thing for memcard2.

Is there anything I can do? Please help me :( I would appreciate VERY MUCH.

Also if there is no solution to this, is there a way anyone can do it on there computer for me and then give me the memcard file to use on the emulator I am using? I don't know if that would work but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Grr I hate my cyber life... nothing ever works for me :( ever.

EDIT:

I deleted the memcard2 file from the memcard folder in pcsx2, leaving only 1 memory card file in there.
I go into MyMC and it still gives me the same error for memcard1, but THIS time it is showing memcard 2 there and it is even opening it!?!? It opens in mymc (the file doesn't even exist, I deleted it, it doesn't show it in the ps2 browser either) and it lets me import and it shows my saves in there as well... Wtf...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is that you've got an old installation of PCSX2 somewhere on your hard drive, and you've been using mymc with the memory card images in that directory instead of the new directory. Check the full path name in mymc's title bar to see if it matches the location where you've installed the version of PCSX2 that you're using.

Another problem that you might have run into is that mymc will you let you import certain broken save files, but won't show it in the GUI afterwards if it looks corrupt. If you previously imported a broken save file, you won't be able to import a fixed version because it will already exist, it's just hidden in GUI. You can use the command line version (mymc.exe) see if there's a broken version of the save file already imported. You can try running the following command, with the appropriate paths substituted:

Code:
    c:\mymc\mymc c:\pcsx2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2 dir
If you see word "Corrupt" like this:

Code:
     BASLUS-20678USAGAS00       Corrupt
     154KB Not Protected
Then you'll need to delete that directory:

Code:
    c:\mymc\mymc c:\pcsx2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2 delete BASLUS-20678USAGAS00
You can also start up the PS2 Browser in PCSX2 (run the emulator without an image) see if it shows any corrupt save files. You should be able to delete them there.

But the thing is, this emulator isn't old, I don't use old stuff and I always update my programs. I started a fresh install of vista and the first thing I did was install the newest version of pcsx2 off the official site.

Also I don't think my saves would be corrupted since I used alot of different saves like both KH1/2, Star Wars BF2, DBZ Budokai tenkaichi 2. It keeps saying it exists ( I didn't rush any of them, I did the full exporting and save, importing thing) on memcard1 (even after it has been formatted many times) and on memcard2 I don't exactly remember what happens.

Also MyMC is at the right directory, where my emulator is installed at, that is where I pick the memcards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.