Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using epsxe 1.5.2 and am trying to take a screenshot. however the file is not being saved in the snap directory. the screen does hang, which indicates that iit is being saved but i cant find it.
anyone?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
you're pressing F8 right? does ePSXe itself freeze? does the console window say that it took a screenshot?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also check that you have a decent amount of free HDD space on the drive ePSXe is on. If not, it should copy the image to RAM, output either a success or error message (depending on the error handler in ePSXe) to the console, and not write the file to disk.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, it seems that pressing f8 when u are playing the game in a window doesnt produce a screenshot. only works in fullscreen. is that correct?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
that's strange, it should work whenever, in fullscreen or not. what graphics plugin are you using?

and like i asked before:

does ePSXe itself freeze? does the console window say that it took a screenshot?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i was using soft gpu 1.17, and playing ff7 in windows mode 800*600.

sorry, it is taking screenshots now but not as it shud be. look
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
ah, yeah. funny thing is, i was actually thinking about this today at work :p

i knew you were using PEops soft plugin and...yeah. that is what happens when you try to take screenshots with PEops. sorry, thats how it is. you can use something else though, like Fraps, to take screenshots.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If worse comes to worse, try alt+printscreen, then open up paint.exe and press ctrl+v. This will make a perfect screenshot of any program in Windows, including ePSXe. Make sure it's (the window) focused on ePSXe.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how can PEops have such a problem with their screenshots? all it is storing the image on the monitor on hard disk, same as print screen, except it is stored on harddisk

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
it has something to do with the way it overlays the graphics and whatnot, i dont know why it does it. i wish Pete would show up to clear it up :/

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, for some reason, when I use the PEOpS Soft GPU (v1.16) it uses a "WMV9 Renderless"-type overlay to display and any screenshots I take within the plugin itself captures the raw (DDraw/GDI) image as well as the overlay (WMV9-renderless) image (only reason I can tell is the difference between the two on mine are the different shades of "black"). I wonder if I could manipulate the output using DirectShow Filters? o_O

1 - 12 of 12 Posts