Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a geforce fx 5500 overclocked with pixel/vertex shading 2.0
and in pcsx2 I've tried using gsdx and gsdx (sse2)(my processor supports sse2) but the problem is I cannot choose my pixel shading version in gsdx or change screen res the only options that I have to choose are bogus pixel pipeline and windowed mode the other versions dont show up in the dropdown list 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 etc. for cpu config in pcsx2 I use interpreter not the Recompiler with vurecs, sound plugin is spu2 null and using I believe peops for the dvd drive ( I have a dvd burner). Any help appreciated so I can choose pixel shading version as games will not load w/o selecting the proper version. Also my bios is scph 39000 ripped from my own ps2. Thanx :yawn:

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
only things i can suggest is make sure you have directx on and the lastest drivers for your graphics card. can you use anything but interpreter on your computer?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried

I tried Everything you all mentioned with no luck, Im probably going to have to PM prafull but cannot do it till monday when I'm at my college, I'm using my moms comp right now only 56k internet and slow as heck and on my comp I don't have internet service right now, Thanks for your help though :thumb:

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Whats your processor?
Youre sure it supports SSE2?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3d-analyzer did not work

I took Prafull's advice in the PM he sent me to download 3d analyzer followed all of the steps he gave me, and I cannot still choose pixel shading, am I doomed? I would really like to use PCSX2 as using emulation seems more fun. As I stated above for some reason I can only choose the fixed(bogus pipeline) for pixel shading options, nor can I change screen resolution, Prafull would you happen to know if there is something else I can try? or if anyone else can give any other advice that would be great. If you can help me I'll be in your debt :bow:

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't believe I double Posted????

Sorry for the long delay to reply, but @ Folly, How did I double post? I was simply saying in response to Mad's post on my processor and if it supported SSE2. My post after that was letting Prafull know that the 3d-analyzer didn't work, and restated what was said in my first post, seeing as some people just scroll down, and add thier 2 Cents, without reading the thread title or the first post, and the info they end up giving you does'nt work or is incorrect. ;)

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Xtreme2damax said:
Sorry for the long delay to reply, but @ Folly, How did I double post? I was simply saying in response to Mad's post on my processor and if it supported SSE2. My post after that was letting Prafull know that the 3d-analyzer didn't work, and restated what was said in my first post, seeing as some people just scroll down, and add thier 2 Cents, without reading the thread title or the first post, and the info they end up giving you does'nt work or is incorrect. ;)
Still, you should edit your last post and add info in there instead of making a second post. The only time you should make a new post is if someone has already replied after your last post, otherwise edit the last post you made.;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If he did that, no one would likely see the edit, as the thread would not register as an unread post, and creating an additional thread would cause more clutter in this instance. I would say that relevant bumping after a few days is acceptable in most circumstances, and a mod can merge the posts anyway via the thread tools.

·
Pcsx2 Lover
117 Posts
Try This

1) First Click on desktop.
2) Goto Properties
3) Goto Settings
4) Then Advance
5) Click on Geforce5.xx properties
6) Select performence and quality
7) Then click on + button
8) And you have More 3D option windows
9) Then Check NULL PS 2.x
10) Click Apply and OK! :spit:

Maybe it wiil work?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm Sorry

Sorry Now I realize what double posting is, I Just Thought Double posting was posting the same thing you had said in a previous post, sorry for the misconception, it won't happen again, and if it does it was purely by mistake, as I can be very forgetfull somtimes, so if I do just remind me, Thanks. Is there anyone else that can give me some suggestions that haven't been mentioned preferably by someone on the PCSX2 team with some coding experiance, on how to get pixel shading to work, because with the bogus pipeline, even demo's will not work, they'll get to a certain point, and when it goes to load the next part, the screen will stay black. I had pixel shading working before, after I updated my video drivers, and added coolbits to the registry to enable further overclocking, but I ended up having to restore my PC and download pcsx2 again, but the same thing that worked for me the last time is not working again to enable Pixel shading. Any more info Greatly Appreciated, as It is fun playing around with PCSX2. :thumb:

[Edit]: Xeon and clements replyed while I was typing this message and I did not see thier message till I had posted, I will try what xeon had mentioned, but I did not see any other options in my vid card options to null.ps2 or pcsx2, thanks though I'll have to check it out when I get home.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
[Clements] said:
If he did that, no one would likely see the edit, as the thread would not register as an unread post, and creating an additional thread would cause more clutter in this instance. I would say that relevant bumping after a few days is acceptable in most circumstances, and a mod can merge the posts anyway via the thread tools.
Hadn't noticed that it was a few days.:p In this case, it was ok.:)

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I finally can select Pixel shading

The funniest thing I had to do to be able to select Pixel shading in Pcsx2 was to install Half-life 2 and download Direct X 9.0 from microsofts website, even though I already had direct X 9, and now I can select PS 1.1 - 2.0 . Thank you all for your patience and help :thumb: I also wish the devs of pcsx2 good luck and also the admins, Thank you so much!!!! :heh:

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
The funniest thing I had to do to be able to select Pixel shading in Pcsx2 was to install Half-life 2 and download Direct X 9.0 from microsofts website, even though I already had direct X 9, and now I can select PS 1.1 - 2.0 . Thank you all for your patience and help I also wish the devs of pcsx2 good luck and also the admins, Thank you so much!!!!
LoL....U r automatically get direct X 9.0C after installing games like Half life 2.
(I beat that game long ago,but i still love it) :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.