Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to play Pokemon Emerald and every time I try to save from the ingame menu a message pops up that says "Error creating file Battery Saves/1986 - Pokemon - Emerald Version (UE).sav". Then after I click OK, at the bottom corner of the game it says in red letters "Wrote battery". What do I do to save?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same exact problem and I can't figure out how to fix it!!! Someone please help!:( I just got a 3/4-of-the-way-through game completely erased...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Use 1.6, its on the VBA site.

I'm trying to play Pokemon Emerald and every time I try to save from the ingame menu a message pops up that says "Error creating file Battery Saves/1986 - Pokemon - Emerald Version (UE).sav". Then after I click OK, at the bottom corner of the game it says in red letters "Wrote battery". What do I do to save?

you didn't get any help because you're a pirate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured out how to fix it, or at least this worked for me. I dunno if you did this, but I moved the VBA out of the folder it was in... which i think is what was wrong. I just downloaded a new copy of the VBA (for mac) and moved the whole folder onto my desktop. Now I can save (i'm playing pokemon emerald). I'm not really sure why, maybe the VBA is a different version than the one I was using before, or maybe it was because I moved it from the folder, but either way, it worked. I got it off of this:
http://vba.ngemu.com/downloads.shtml
website, and downloaded version 1.7 for MacOSX

I hope this helps...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I figured out how to fix it, or at least this worked for me. I dunno if you did this, but I moved the VBA out of the folder it was in... which i think is what was wrong. I just downloaded a new copy of the VBA (for mac) and moved the whole folder onto my desktop. Now I can save (i'm playing pokemon emerald). I'm not really sure why, maybe the VBA is a different version than the one I was using before, or maybe it was because I moved it from the folder, but either way, it worked. I got it off of this:
Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance Emulator Downloads

so i did this and it worked for saving and loading when the VBA is on, but when i turn my computer off then on and i try loading the saved game there is an error. i have both battery and state saved games... can you help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Solution

As Elmphobia said moving the entire folder to your desktop fixes the problem, it also works if you move it to you applications folder. Entire folder means the folder containing the app and all subfolders, it will be called "VisualBoyAdvance (version)" and will be the only item when you open the .DMG.

·
Registered
2 Posts
http://vba.ngemu.com/downloads.shtml

It has nothing to do with the version but rather the emulator programmed to look for the folders in a specific place, if any are moved then it can't find them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts