Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The game starts fine, the movie plays fine, but when I select New Game from the menu all I get is "Now Loading..." screen... forever. The game doesn't start. I tried running from CD, ripped to ISO, patched with bad-vsut.ppf, same ****. Oh, and I've got the original PAL version, it works on my PS2. Heeeeeeeeelp!

· Registered
654 Posts
Try ePSXe instead of PSXeven. I successfully run Vagrant Story (NTSC/US) in ePSXe (not PSXeven) from an Alcohol-made image with the Mooby2 plugin. For the PAL version you'll probably need to have your image-making tool capture the subchannel data and turn the subchannel reading option on in Mooby2.

Dan

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Yeah, I know. My VS (PAL) works fine with ePSXe, even without any hacks (direct rip from CD by IsoBuster). But it won't work with PSXeven nor with SSSPSX, exactly the same problem: lockup after I select New Game from the menu. I just wanted to check out if the newer emus can run the game faster, I've got some pretty ancient hardware down here. Besides, I could've sworn I've seen posts here telling that VS works with PSXeven... Oh well...

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.