Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Odd, After i switched a theme. Then it froze. and it didnt want to respond so i closed it. Now I cant get it to run at all. It gives me this

Error launching browser window : no XBL Bidding for browser.
Iv already done an uninstall and reinstall which failed. im about to try it again.

I had to reactivate IE Just so i can get hear. any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Run Firefox in safe mode and change the skin to a different one. My guess is that that skin isn't supported by 0.9.3

·
Registered
250 Posts
Iit's your profile (not your install directory) that's messed up.
If safe mode doesn't work (rare, but it has happened), then go to your profile directory and delete the extensions folder. You'll lose all current themes/extensions, but everything else will work perfectly.

And where'd you get the theme from? If you got it from update.mozilla.org, I'll complain to the sys admin until he pulls it ;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Mozilla/firefox Themes Section. I forgot which one i t was... Oh yeah. how do you boot into windows Safe mode? The F8 key??

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Raiden1803 said:
The Mozilla/firefox Themes Section. I forgot which one i t was... Oh yeah. how do you boot into windows Safe mode? The F8 key??
no...Mozilla Firefox has a safe mode option.

If you deleted the Firefox program group that was created when you installed, you can run in Firefox Safe Mode with the -safe-mode command line option

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant even Run it in Safe Mode. I Still Get that error. hears my path
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode
Deleteing the dirctory and starting over didnt work either after a fresh reinstall. Still kept geting that error :hdbash:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the link kirby. im trying it now, already ran into a couple problems. (probley because the differance in versions) i dont have a folder called "phonix" nor a Folder with a *.STL extension and the only place im seeing a folder called "chrome" is in the default.5tt folder. is that the Same thing of what their talking about?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Raiden1803: that's because you deleted the chrome of the downloaded theme. Essentially, it doesn't know what files to reference in order to switch the theme (Styles, pictures, etc, etc ...)
Downloading and installing the theme again might work, but that one might be hosed altogether.

Make sure you download themes/extensions only from http://update.mozilla.org , unless you don't mind risking your profile directory for the theme. Anything that doesn't work from there should be reported so it's removed. For instance, Tabbrowser Extensions was the first extension to cause the XBL binding error. Everyone involved with Firefox adamantly refuses to have it listed on u.m.o, because of that and other buggy parts.

1.0PR (Preview Release) should be coming out tommorow, unless something needs to be changed in the code quick. It has better protection from wrong version themes and extensions, among myriads of other fixes. It's pretty close to what the final 1.0 will be like, at least anything that needs to be localized/translated will no longer change to assist earlier translations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts