Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visually I can remap buttons on x360ce for Horizon Zero Dawn, using my Gulikit Kingkong 2 Pro controller, but the changes have no effect on the game.
For most of the games I just use the XOutput program and it works great, with remappings taking the correct effect, but only on Horizon Zero Dawn the XOutput program doesn't work at all, zero input, so that's why I'm trying x360ce now, and it works, the game sees my controller as an Xbox controller, but with ABXY inverted (Switch Pro Controller standard) and the remapped buttons don't make a difference.
I want to uninvert ABXY and also use + and - buttons as the LS/RS stick buttons.
What am I missing here?

I'm using the latest version of x360ce 4.17.15.0 (the one that doesn't need the xinput dll files and doesn't create them).
x360ce is inside the game's folder.
Photograph Light Product Font Input device

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOLVED IT! Just install and open "HidHide" (link down below), click on the Device tab, enable device hiding, mark the box on your controller. If the controller is on Switch Mode it will show up as Nintendo Pro Controller or Nintendo Wireless.
Don't mark a virtual controller created by x360ce or XOutput (usually a Xbox 360 controller), as this would basically prevent them from working!
Now, go back to the Applications tab on HidHide and click the + button to add the XOutput.exe and/or x360ce.exe files that you use. Keep in mind that you also have to add each emulator exe file that you have installed and each game main exe file that doesn't need XOutput or x360ce to be able to be controlled. That's necessary because these compliant games are using the inputs from your real controller, so they need to "see" your real controller, while games like Horizon Zero Dawn should only use inputs provided by the virtual controller created by either XOutput or x360ce.
XOutput is working fine with Horizon Zero Dawn now, so I won't be needing x360ce (which doesn't effectively map the buttons the way I need). Just keep in mind that XOutput needs to be minimized and have its Start button clicked to be able to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts