Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can't get past the "Sony Computer Entertainment" screen

Just got my new computer. Windows XP 2002, P4, GF3 Ti 200 w/ 23.11 drivers. Whenever I run the BIOS (1001) in either ePSXe or ePSXeCutor, it freezes at the first screen. You can see the yellow square, and the sound plays, but it just stays there. Any ideas? I've tried switching the SPU (was using Eternal 1.1). Then I figured I'd try running the ISO straight from ePSXe. When I do that, all I get is a black screen - no sound, no graphics, nothing. I've also enabling CDDA (it was disabled before). I'm using Pete's 1.55:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.55
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce3/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x400 Fullscreen - Desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000200]

Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't quite understand what you are trying to do, but if you want to play a game, just try "RUN CDROM" and it should work.

Run BIOS:
- If no CDROM, jump to the CD player, but nothing can be done here (not supported)
- if cdrom, tries to boot, but it hangs often.

RUN CDROM is definitely the way to go.

My plugins (all latest versions):
- GPU: Pete's D3D (DX7; I have a voodoo5)
- SPU: Ethernal
- CDROM: ePSXe Core driver
- BIOS: any recommended BIOS

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryos: My problem isn't with the CDROM; I'm using an ISO. But I'll try that anyway, thanks.

olahaye74: You're misunderstanding, sorry. I did "Run BIOS" as a way to check if the problem was with the BIOS or with ePSXeCutor or a plugin. I tried running the game straight from ISO (same as CDROM, basically) but it didn't work either.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, although I should try that. I decided it wasn't the BIOS since I downloaded two from different sites and they both had the same problem. But I'll try the old one.

BTW, could it be Windows XP? My old OS was 98... does ePSXe work on XP?

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Weird. Ok try this. Now that forceASPI is installed change the cd plugin to petes and switch OFF CDDA. Any luck?

Did you get a new cd/dvd with this machine? Maybe it isn't psx compatible (which might lead to corrupt isos also) :confused:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
OK, I'll try disabling CDDA.

The computer does have a new CDROM, but I'm using the same ISOs as before, so that should't matter.

[edit] WOOOOOHOOOOOO! I fixed it! All I had to do was disable SIO IRQ in ePSXeCutor... damn, I'm stupid. Thanks so much for the help, guys :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.