Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok I officially have DuckStation up and running succesfully, thanks @FoxSevent .

I also have PCSX2 up and running with MK Shaolin Monks...ran great until the cutscene before gameplay which the FPS is 16-17, and actual gameplay is 19-12...however menu selection and pause menu is at 60-61 FPS...is there anything I can do to speed up the FPS during actual gameplay, or is this the best I can get with the hardware I have ?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I got PPSSPP to run as well but when I'm playing The Warriors it seems to slow down and speed up at times.. good I watch a settings set up video to get it running right?

How can I play multiplayer with two controllers on the same computer with this emulator?

· Not a Registered User
1,665 Posts
I got PPSSPP to run as well but when I'm playing The Warriors it seems to slow down and speed up at times.. good I watch a settings set up video to get it running right?

How can I play multiplayer with two controllers on the same computer with this emulator?
Depends if it's the emulator slowing down or the game, some games simply don't run well even on their system.

As for multiplayer no such option, PDP supported only online multiplayer which isn't easy to setup with PPSSPP.

With my computer hardware, can I download and use ReDream without issues ? Should be the same as DuckStation right ? Same console generation..
Ps2 generation actually, weaker than PS2 so you can try but still you may have little luck with harder to emulate games.

· Not a Registered User
1,665 Posts
What do you think the roundabout cost would be to upgrade my laptop to where I can play Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 games ?
Buy a new laptop, you can't really upgrade a laptop, in the best case scenario you can only upgrade the RAM and HDD neither of which will help you with PS3/X360 emulation.
As for which ones just google best laptop for RPCSX3
Something like this would be the bare minimum, you need something with a real powerful CPU.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Buy a new laptop, you can't really upgrade a laptop, in the best case scenario you can only upgrade the RAM and HDD neither of which will help you with PS3/X360 emulation.
As for which ones just google best laptop for RPCSX3
Something like this would be the bare minimum, you need something with a real powerful CPU.
Thank you for the clarity and I'll be saving up for that !

21 - 29 of 29 Posts