Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kool Aid Guy
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cannot seem to launch 1.7.0 of ePSXe.
When I launch the ePSXe.exe nothing happens.
I have used ePSXe a lot and I have always used this version, and it has always worked but all the sudden it won't launch anymore.
I downloaded all the plugins on the thread for ePSXe not starting, but they haven't helped.

I have played many different games on it and they have always worked for me. The last game I played on it was 'Medievil' I read is working 100% and was working fine.

I am using Pete's D3D video plugin, and I think it's called 'Eternal's SPU plugin' for sound. I use SCPH1001 for the bios.

The last thing I did before I quit the program before it stopped working was that I came across the 'country' drop menu, and I just changed it from its default (NTSC) to auto-detect. Not sure why I did this, but that was just before I then quit the program, then when I tried to load it up minutes later... Nothing happened.

Also a while now, my saves did not keep themselves in the memcards. And typically, it was only recently after ePSXe wouldn't launch that I found a method on fixing this, and a thread on here about it as I came to write this thread.

Anyway, currently I am using 1.6.0 of ePSXe after downloading it and it works fine (thank god for that) but I would still like the new version to be working incase I came across something buggy that I might not get on the later version.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks

Jay

EDIT: I forgot to say, my computers specifications are over the requirements.
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Processor: Intel core duo 2 6750
CPU speed: 2.4 rated at 5.2ghz
Graphics card: EVGA Nvidea geforce 8800 GTS
Video RAM: 640mb
System RAM: 2gb DDR2
Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio

Also reinstalling ePSXe did not work either.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
when you attempted to re-install epsxe did you delete the registry entries made by the previous install first? can you post a screen shot of the executable's properties menu, specifically shots of the "general" and "compatibility" tabs?

·
Kool Aid Guy
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, in fact I did exactly that.
After rienstalling it several times, I made sure I deleted every last registry related to ePSXe and rienstalled it again, although it still didn't seem to make any difference.

Also the screens for the 'general' and 'compatibility' tabs of ePSXe.exe (1.7.0) are attached to this post.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Install MSVC 2005 SP1 runtime, VC6 runtime, zlib dll, ...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Start > Run > notepad.exe "c:\boot.ini"

change /noexecute=optin > /noexecute=optout or execute=optin

Reboot.

·
Kool Aid Guy
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would rather not try that in case it wrecks my PC.
If it requires something like that which I am unsure of, then I think I will just stick to the older version, as it seems to be working perfectly so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts