Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you say it, yes, I've used the search function, but none of the results seem to go over the problems I'm having. I downloaded both NO$gba v.2.3.0.1 and NO$Zoomer. On a side note, I unzipped NO$Zoomer into my NO$gba folder.

When I attempt to play it using NO$Zoomer it will freeze and not do anything before the main menu (where the "Initializing" screen is supposed to be), and the same will happen when I attempt to play it in NO$gba. Is there a config I was supposed to do or something? Sorry, I'm kinda new to NDS emulation.

I tried downloading WinDS PRO and the following errors occur with the following options:

When I launch the game with ... in WinDS PRO:
NO$gba > NO$gba: Most in-game icons/sprites are black.
NO$gba > NGZoom: Crashes the second "square-enix" appears on the top screen.
NO$gba > N$MOOZ: Most in-game icons/sprites are black.
NO$gba > NDZ: Most in-game icons/sprites are black.
NO$gba > MYZOOM: Most in-game icons/sprites are black.
nO$gba > NO$gba x2: Most in-game icons/sprites are black.
iDeaS > iDeaS: The sound is scratchy/slow.
DeSmuME > DeSmuME: The top screen appears on the bottom screen as well, scratchy audio/video. (SS: http://i42.tinypic.com/qsmw68.png)
DeSmuME > DeSmuME (sse2): The top screen appears on the bottom screen as well, scratchy audio/video.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
Let's start again: You have downloaded No$Zoomer 2.3.0.1 (get .2, BTW) and most likely No$GBA 2.6. Now you have two problems:
1) With 2.6, you have to set your savetype manually. That should help with the initialization screen problem.
2) No$Zoomer and NGZoom are not compatible with No$GBA 2.6, only 2.6a. Since there is no way to legally aquire 2.6a; or to get TWEWY to run on 2.6, you'll have to wait for Martin to return from his inactivity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, I got it working after I downloaded No$GBA 2.6a and No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2, then followed the configuration instructions included in the readme. Thanks for the help.

Edit:
While playing through the game crashed and presented me with a "The ROM image has crashed" error (or something along those lines, I already forgot what it said exactly), and now whenever I try to load the ROM it will say "Unable to write your data. Turn power OFF and try reinserting the Game Card." (not as an error message, but in the game itself). I tried deleting the .sav file in the "BATTERY" folder, but that didn't work so I just restored it and left it alone. After that, I tried loading the ROM again and it still showed this message. I tried messing around with the Options a bit, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing so I set everything back to the way it was and tried loading again, and the error screen still appears

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
When did it crash? Did you save no$gba's options after you had set it up as you wanted?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let's start again: You have downloaded No$Zoomer 2.3.0.1 (get .2, BTW) and most likely No$GBA 2.6. Now you have two problems:
1) With 2.6, you have to set your savetype manually. That should help with the initialization screen problem.
2) No$Zoomer and NGZoom are not compatible with No$GBA 2.6, only 2.6a. Since there is no way to legally aquire 2.6a; or to get TWEWY to run on 2.6, you'll have to wait for Martin to return from his inactivity.
Actually No$Zoomer works just fine for no$gba 2.6. Haven't tested NGZoom on 2.6 though, so you might be right about that.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
Actually No$Zoomer works just fine for no$gba 2.6. Haven't tested NGZoom on 2.6 though, so you might be right about that.
No$Zoomer does work on 2.6, but the game fixes doesn't work for 2.6 (I already mentioned this in some other thread, but I'm too lazy to dig through my old posts to find it).

As for NGZoom, you don't need to test it, since I already tested that the program doesn't work with 2.6 some time ago.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
As you have No$ 2.6a, just set the "NDS Cartridge Backup Media" to "Auto". That should work for almost every ROM and definitely for TWEWY.
EDIT: Note that you should save the options and reset the game for it to become active. A simple Numpad* is enough here.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
It's better to reload the game (not reset) or restart the emu (close and run the emu again), since if the emu suddenly crash for some reason, the changes that you make in the emu settings will not be saved despite the fact that you select Save Options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As you have No$ 2.6a, just set the "NDS Cartridge Backup Media" to "Auto". That should work for almost every ROM and definitely for TWEWY.
EDIT: Note that you should save the options and reset the game for it to become active. A simple Numpad* is enough here.
I did that and it got past the initializing screen (the one before the title menu) but it still crashes after the first battle (when Neku is running, right after it shows him and Beat on the top screen). (SS: http://i41.tinypic.com/2qi7pcy.png)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
have you given No$Zoomer admin rights? (if running Vista)

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
3,090 Posts
if you read his first post you will see hes running the banned WinDS PRO which he admitted to downloading so techinacly he should be getting help

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
That's WinDS Pro? ....I thought it was just a fancy skin he was using on his OS....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
O wait nevermind...I entirely missed that in the original post...your problem is you're using hack compilation by some lamer who likes taking all the credit for himself and distributes illegal files (BIOS and firmware) along with it.

Come back once you use the real items and set them up yourself instead of that WinDS Pro crap....
And I am gonna now lock the thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.