Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can get past the title screen, watch the first video, the tourism spot about the Man-made island, and the video with the helicopter, then there's a long pause, the framerate indicator jumps around a bit, then there's a sound which locks and loops endlessly, making a low buzzing sound, also freezing the framerate indicator.

I've tried all of Pete's graphics plugins as well as all the different settings on the sound plugins. I've tried enabling and disabling the two settings in the CD-ROM drivers section, too. I can't think of anything else I can do, this being the first game that's actually given me any hassle.

I'm using a P500, with 128 MB RAM, and a GeForce1 DDR card, and I generally have no problems either running games, or rinning them at a decent framerate.

Any ideas on any specific fixes for this game, and is there any more information you need about my PC or my setup?

EDIT: *BUMP!*

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I left it for around two days. I'd hardly call that harrassment...
Just checking to see if anyone who's solved this problem had missed it, or something...

·
Registered
121 Posts
The problem has already been solved.

Using Eternal SPU and the new GPU from Pete (thx, Pete, ;))

This should get you pass the intro. (if doesn't work, turn on
CD timing, ;p) That should do the trick.

As for the slowness ... use PC FPS calculation fix, ;)

have fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I was just looking to bump this to see if anyone'd tested it with the new plugins.

Thanks...
Thanks so much...
I really love all you guys...

::Breaks down and cries::

·
Registered
121 Posts
Glad I can help, :)

Make sure you use save state lots though, since the game causes constant crashes... :(

The problem has already been addressed in the Beta version of the new ePSXe, to be released soon. So, keep your fingers crossed.
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts