Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time using PCSX2. I am no n00b to emulation, as I use ePSXe a lot to play my old PS1 games.

I've installed PCSX2 1.4.0 on Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS, and am running the latest build mentioned here:

https://launchpad.net/~pcsx2-team/ archive/ubuntu/pcsx2-daily

My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.8 GHz

RAM: 16GB, 2x8GB, 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC SDRAM

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M1200 w/4GB GDDR5

Hard Drive: 512GB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive Class 40

I am running the US BIOS (I own a US PS2, so don't cry foul of piracy), and using the SSE2 plugin. All the other settings are preset 4, but I turned on MTVU under Speedhacks to make use of a 3rd core.

I am trying to get "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty trailer (J)" to work (my IRL PS2 has a modchip that I use to play import games, NOT pirated games). Also, I actually own the real disc, and ripped the image with ImgBurn.

I can't get it to work, period.

A white rectangle quickly appears on screen with a sound effect, which I suspect is supposed to be the PS2 logo, but not rendered correctly.

Then I get a black screen, and nothing happens, even after waiting for a minute or so.

I've spent the last 2 nights trying to wrap my head around this emulator, scouring Google and YouTube for answers, and the only "progress" I've made so far is getting to setup the language and time zone in the PS2 BIOS. Frustrating. :mad:

Can someone please explain to me how to get this to work? I don't care about fancy enhanced high resolution graphics, I just want to play the game with graphics on par with a real PS2.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts