Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just downloaded jpcsp for linux and i am running ubuntu 10.10 and tried executing the .sh file and the .jar file in the bin directory, and yes i did install jre before trying all of this i need some help here

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
The included shell script seems to be corrupt somehow. I made a new file with the exact same text and it was 2 bytes smaller for some reason. :/

Just copy/paste the text from the file into a brand new one. Be sure to chmod +x the new file to allow for execution of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which file? are you saying that i have to open up the .sh file with gedit, copy all of the text and start a new document in gedit paste from clipboard and save it as a .sh file?

and what about the .jar file

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
are you saying that i have to open up the .sh file with gedit, copy all of the text and start a new document in gedit paste from clipboard and save it as a .sh file?
Yes. Just be sure to save the new .sh file in the same directory.

Code:
chmod +x start.sh
^
Used "start.sh" as the example new script. The above command will make the new .sh file executable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did just what you said and the GUI came up just like it should so far so good but when i try to run a UMD image (the test ones) it suddenly shuts down. i read the log and i have no idea what it wants me to install. this is what it said

2011-05-22 08:06:38,399 [GUI] ERROR com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader - Could not load library: xuggle-ferry; version: 3; Visit Frequently Asked Questions - Xugglewiki to find common solutions to this proble

any idea as to what this means

·
Registered
34 Posts
The included shell script seems to be corrupt somehow. I made a new file with the exact same text and it was 2 bytes smaller for some reason. :/

Just copy/paste the text from the file into a brand new one. Be sure to chmod +x the new file to allow for execution of it.
It's probably a windows text file with \r\n linebreaks and then misses the final newline at the eof (which most editors create automaticly).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts