Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've looked around on the FAQs and such and I can't seem to find anything that addresses the problem. In fact, it sounds like no one else has had this problem. I just bought a Kiky X.series PSX --> USB adapter today, and for the last... ugh 6 hours I've been trying to get it to work with any emulator. The weird thing is that the controller itself works fine with the OS (XP), and the emulators work fine without the controller, however, when I try to do them together, everything freezes up, and then after it freezes and i force it to quit, I go into the control panel to check on the gamepad, and it says that R1,R2,L1,L2,Triangle are all being held down. Then I have to unplug the controller and replug it in to reset... Anyone know what the problem is?

Sorry if this has been addressed already, I tried to look for it in previous posts.

One curiuos thing is that I tried it with several emulators, and only one of them worked with it, and that was Jnes for the original NES... I don't know if that helps at all. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
try upgrading your drivers, from their website or something. what version of directX are you using?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant seem to find any updated drivers on their website, and i just updated to the newest directx a few hours ago (i think 9.0c)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I had simmilar problem with my previous pad... which was on the Game port... and such slow downs :/... didn't find the solution for it... how does the pad behave after installing directX 9.0c??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it doesnt act any differently... I did find that it works with the adriPSX emulator, which doesn't make much sense. Also, my friend tried the adapter on his computer and the same problems happened on his computer when he tried to play Madden (the actual PC version). I'm starting to think that I might have just gotten a faulty adapter or something, because every review on the adapter that I've read seems to say that its a really good product, and it is really simple to use and install.

So which gamepad do you use now, since it was your previous one that acted like mine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i just found out, using my old versions, that the controller works with version 1.5.2 of ePSXe. This is all cool and fine and dandy, but the problem still is there for the new emulators and PC games and stuff like that. If anyone comes up with something, please let me know so i dont jump off a cliff after buying this...........yah

I read somewhere that the directX thing is usually the problem if a controller works in an old version and not in a new version, but I definitely upgraded the directX, like 3 times just to make sure it went through.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
LJT said:
So which gamepad do you use now, since it was your previous one that acted like mine?
Now I'm using PSX dualshock connected to my pc by a psx to USB adapter (by Manta) with drivers included on the floppy disc, 'couse when I tried those 'newer' downloaded from site, those didn't work good (last time I've tried those I was using DirectX9.0b don't know if theres any difference on DX9.0c) as for my previous pad... it's somewhere there under my bed ;)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
LJT said:
so i just found out, using my old versions, that the controller works with version 1.5.2 of ePSXe.
Hmmm. Quick question but you haven't accidently enabled multitap support on 1.6 have you? I only ask because if you try to play an non multitap game with multitap enabled you would get something similar to what you described.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I just went back to the store and exchanged it for another one, and what do you know, the new one has the exact same problems. So it's not a problem with the adapter, and its not a problem with my computer because it doesn't work on my friends computer either.... yet every review of it is a good review... i must be missing something obvious here...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
LJT, just a word of advice: do not double or triple post, use the edit button to add the info to your previous post instead.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
EMMM.. as for the story site... try to calibrate your pad... save and exit its config, than run epsxe open pad config, mount buttons with your mouse (click on the butoon you want to asign than click the button on pad) that's how I'm doing and all is ok :) (I'm a little bit confused about that little 'story' that you've posted, couse of it it seems that you don't configure the pad in ePSXe at all :) or am I wrong?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
LJT what's your mobo ? if you have nforce2 chipset, some have issues with usb

try a pci usb controler, this solve my rumble problems (epsxe was crashing each time rumble start) ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok. First of all, sorry for the triple post... This is my first time using forums, I'm not that familiar with common courtesies and such (plus i didn't know there was an edit button)

second of all, its true, I can't configure the pad in ePSXe... when I have the adapter plugged in, with or without the PS controller plugged into it, I can't open the gamepad configuration window in ePSXe. It immediately crashes.

As far as the motherboard, I have no clue... It's whatever comes with a compaq presario 2500 series 2598US laptop... I just tried to find the specs and came up empty handed...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Crashes eh?. I cam only think of two causes for that

1. buggy drivers
2. corrupt copy of directx

solutions
1. find new drivers
2. download and install that latest version of dx from m$.

·
Registered
780 Posts
LJT said:
As far as the motherboard, I have no clue... It's whatever comes with a compaq presario 2500 series 2598US laptop... I just tried to find the specs and came up empty handed...
Considering it is a brand name laptop, its very unlikely you'll find any useful info about the mobo. For the laptop's specs, however, you could always run "dxdiag"
without the quotes, in the run dialog box under the start menu.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yah, so I gave up... I have no clue what the problem was, so I went out and got a new controller, the "Nyko Air Flo" controller, which works perfectly. Thanks to everyone who tried to help out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts