Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
whenever i load the bin file, an error message pops up saying it can't load the file. and i can't get daemon tools to mount the bin file, either.

i ran it with ePSXe v1.5.2, and still get the same message.

is there a utility i can download that can display the BIN information (like NSRT for ZSNES ) so i post on this forum and you guys can diagnose what my problem is?

·
Registered
183 Posts
See if the files show up in ISO Buster. If not, it is a bad image. If so, it might still be a bad image, but it could go either way. Make a new image using ISO Buster if possible (don't extract a new image out of the old image, however). Have you had any success loading BIN images for other games? Have you run Scandisk on the drive the image is stored on lately? Try using mooby CDR plugin as well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
either type:
c:\ePSXe\epsxe.exe -noauto
in the start->Run box assuming ePSXe is installed in c:\ePSXe\ (use quotation marks if there are any folders with spaces in the name ex:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Main\Desktop\ePSXe\epsxe.exe" -noauto
making sure -noauto comes after the last quotation mark)
or edit a shortcut to the ePSXe executable so it has -noauto at the end, outside of the quotation marks if there are any

·
unborn
20 Posts
.bin file is actually a compressed file so try opening it with win rar or some other compressor. For game images I use Alcohol 120% and it has never let me down.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
.bin file is actually a compressed file
no, it's not. it's a format that an image file can be in. this is two posts in a row that i've read where you have posted uninformed misinformation, let's try to lower that to, perhaps, zero?

anyway vanguard, i'd say make a new ISO. what is the error that you get? you are going to File--->Run ISO, right?

·
unborn
20 Posts
you're right hushypushy,it is a format that image file can be in. i just said that it's compressed.

EDIT: you cannot open it with winrar without the appropriate plugins

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
ok, a bin file when you're referring to PSX emulation is actually uncompressed. you can have a bin/cue ISO image (which is just the image of the CD), or when you dump your BIOS it's a bin file. it is not compressed at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts