Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trying for a couple of days now to get persona 2 to run at an FPS rate higher than the regular 60. It'd be nice to speed it up a little bit for grinding and what not, but no matter what I do, I can't get Pete's Open GL2 or PEOPS soft to stop limiting at 60. What am I doing wrong?

Athlon 64 X2 6000+
2GB RAM
Evga GeForce 8800 GTS
ADI AD1988B onboard sound
Vista x64

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not reading the included help file?

Anyway, press F4 ingame.
I did, actually, and though the 'frame limiter off' icon appears the game only increases by a couple fps according to the indicator.

In my gpu settings I have frame skip and FPS limit unchecked, I have the FPS Limit setting selected and I set it to 100. The game still runs at a solid 60 WITH F4.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do you have anything like global vsync enabled in your nvidia control panel? are you experiencing any unusual lag or speed problems other than this?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Press Delete while ingame, then you'll see this weird tab appear at the top. (Pete's OpenGL2), and then you press "END" here to switch between the "manual FPS" limit you set, the default limiter (60 FPS), or no limit at all.

The F4 key doesn't do anything for me either, but the above thing does work for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you have anything like global vsync enabled in your nvidia control panel? are you experiencing any unusual lag or speed problems other than this?
The emu runs perfectly fine all the time, no speed issues. And I thought maybe you'd figured it out with the vsync thing but my settings were set to 'let the 3D application decide'. I even tried 'force off' but that didn't change anything either. So that rules out vsync unless there's some other type of vsync control in epsxe that I'm unaware of.

As far as Ryudo's suggestion goes, I tried that earlier today, and none of the number settings change the fps at all :(.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.