Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try extracting the file using winrar and i get an error messeg saying

C:\Documents and settings\XXXXX|desktop\pcx2-0[1].8.1.7z the archive is either in unknow format or danaged.

some plz help

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Prafull said:
Either the file is corrupt or may be you are using an older version of winrar ? Only newer versions support 7zip files. I would suggest downloading 7zip software itself. Really great compression tool. ;)
I would suggest not using 7-zip to compress an archive that's already manageably small. You're shaving mere seconds off of the download time, which is negated by the fact that 3/5 people find out they have to go and download another utility just to extract the files.

Yes, 7-zip is a great format, but it's meant to compress large files and not quite mainstream enough for this yet.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Huh? I think what he meant was for limpep to use 7zip to extract that ".7z" file instead of using WinRAR.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
I would suggest not using 7-zip to compress an archive that's already manageably small. You're shaving mere seconds off of the download time, which is negated by the fact that 3/5 people find out they have to go and download another utility just to extract the files.
this might be true, but you seem to forget the considerable bandwidth we are saving.

when the new site was launched, within a week we had over 600,000 unique visitors, say every one of them wants to download pcsx2 and the 7z is 1.3mb and the .rar is 1.6mb

300k * 600,000 saved is quite a lot of bandwidth that would have otherwise been wasted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.