Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of fidgeting, but I can't get SSF to detect my virtual drive using Daemon Tools. I'm running XP, the .08 alpha R5 version of SSF, 4.03 HE of Daemon Tools (with various settings) and I tried several versions of the WNASPI32.dll driver, both in the /windows/system32/ directory and in the SSF main directory. I even installed the Adaptec ASPI drivers, but that didn't seem to make any difference either.

I'm not sure what the problem is. SSF loads the BIOS fine, but I simply can't get the virtual drive to be detected by SSF. Anyone else have this problem? :mad:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
SSF doesnt even use ASPI now, so that cant be the problem. Try using an older version of Daemon. I use 3.47 and it works perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You don't even get the drives to show under the "options" menu, right?

Mine do, but SSF complains about "Disc unsuitable for this system"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, I did not have it enabled.
But I am sooo sure I had it enabled a few days ago, when I last tried, and received that same error message.

Anyway, now that I changed the option back to "no BIOS", and restared the emulator. I only get "Drive door open", what is this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get the exact same error. Drive door open.

I tried disabling the bios too. No go.

I have used ssf and XP in the past, no problems. I am currently on windows 7 64 and windows can load the cd no problem - i can explore it and all. SSF still says no cd in drive though. What gives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts