Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get this error when trying to boot a game, "Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info."

Here's the only log I know of, exceptioninfo.txt:

Code:
Unhandled Exception
  Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info: 
     0x0473C648 : ?

Unhandled Exception
  Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info: 
     ntdll!0x77D16792 : RtlInitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount
The graphics card I'm working with is an ATI Radeon HD 3870.

My computer can run most modern games (I want to say Far Cry 2 is the most demanding one I've tried) (even on the highest settings, just with a bad FPS), so it should support all the fancy technologies I don't know the names or functions of.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Windows 7 decided to find it's own prerelease drivers, do you think I should try to use Vista drivers? I think drivers for vista would work (I haven't tried, though, I suppose safe mode is a net I can use if it doesn't).

I suppose what I want to ask now is, do you think I should use the standard catylist drivers or a modified (/optimized) version of them?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
yes. install the Catalyst 9.3 or 9.4 suite. the drivers available for download via WU lack opengl

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I installed a Vista/Windows 7 Catalyst suite (9.4). Catalyst Control Center installed, but doesn't boot, and the drivers did not change, I'm still using the 8.something Windows Update drivers.

I downloaded a suite from Guru3d.com, as that's where I normally get my drivers from (and normally don't have problems). What should I try next?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
try 9.3, run them in vista compatibility to get them to install.

· No$gba Philosopher
553 Posts
You gotta read the system requirements at the Official Dolphin Forums. Over there, it said Intel GMA (any) do not work well with Dolphin. They posted reasons why.

I do have x3100 Mobile, but I'm waiting for the latest Dolphin SVN (above build #3000) that will work with DirectX 9 (or DirectX 10) in the future.

· Registered
68 Posts
You gotta read the system requirements at the Official Dolphin Forums. Over there, it said Intel GMA (any) do not work well with Dolphin. They posted reasons why.

I do have x3100 Mobile, but I'm waiting for the latest Dolphin SVN (above build #3000) that will work with DirectX 9 (or DirectX 10) in the future.

i haven't said that dolphin don't work with intel x3100 but i said OPENGL don't work ,, and i ask why because intel x3100 support opangl 2.0 and 2.1 ,like it's say in the link that i posted up here ...

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Intel's OpenGL ICD doesn't completely support the necessary extensions. Hardware-wise, yes your GPU supports OpenGL 2.0 and 2.1. It's just a matter of Intel's driver devs playing catch up. :/

· Banned
35,081 Posts
not happening. only the gma 4xxx and higher will support OGL 2+

· No$gba Philosopher
553 Posts
Is it possible that gma 4xxx can replace my gma X3100 Mobile?

Or can my intel gma be replaced by other graphic cards?

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Is it possible that gma 4xxx can replace my gma X3100 Mobile?

Or can my intel gma be replaced by other graphic cards?
Why would you want to replace one crappy Intel chip for another? :p

In all seriousness, no it's not possible to upgrade any Intel mobile graphics.

I've got the same problem. It wasn't happening until I decided to update the SVN I was on.

I'm on a GEForce 8200M G.
Which SVN?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.