Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the end of disc 2 its a movie that is unable to be played with epsxe and every other emulators i have tried. my question is: can i disable movies in epsxe. i have tried to convert my memory file with convertm but it doesnt work the file became corrupted in ff9.

my convert: from epsxe (mcr) to vgs (mem)

i really need help

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I get past that part without any problems.. I am already on disk 4.. But decided to start over.. If you want to try disabling mdecs then...:

1. Use epsxe executor, the option to disable mdecs is in it.. You must disable mdecs and mdec timing..

2. Use the command line "-nomdec"

3. Change the epsxe mdec registry key to "0"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Solution:

There still seems to be the issue of FF9 freezing on a few comps right when its about to play an mdec. namely, entering cleyra, before Kuja summons stuff in Alexandria and maybe one or two more. The problem is caused by savestates and there use when you reach that point. What you need to do is save at the closest moogle, then press Esc, goto the Epsxe menu Run then restart. then just let it load to the title screen and reload what you saved from the memcard. then play through where it would normally freeze and don't use savestates till after your through the part where it would freeze. hope this helps.
This was posted to a problem of mine from another post
try it, it works for me
Good luck, :)
Batsu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts