Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished MGS1 Disc 1 and it told me to change to disc 2 so I went to change the disc then selected disc 2 and it would just continue disc 1, I even tried looking at videos online to see if I was doing something wrong and I was doing exactly what I was doing, are there any fixes or do I just have to reinstall it.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,494 Posts
No other information? Nothing useful and helpful? No ePSXe version number, plugins used, plugin settings, game region, nothing? How do you expect to get any help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No other information? Nothing useful and helpful? No ePSXe version number, plugins used, plugin settings, game region, nothing? How do you expect to get any help?
I didn't think any of that would really change anything but ok, I am using version 2.0.5., Pete's OpenGL2 GPU core 2.0.0 video plugin, ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 2.0.0 (but I am using a downloaded version of the game not cd so I dont think that matter) and I forgot what the game region is but I think it's USA either way this is for all games so I don't think the game region changes anything

·
Not a Registered User
1,381 Posts
I didn't think any of that would really change anything but ok, I am using version 2.0.5., Pete's OpenGL2 GPU core 2.0.0 video plugin, ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 2.0.0 (but I am using a downloaded version of the game not cd so I dont think that matter) and I forgot what the game region is but I think it's USA either way this is for all games so I don't think the game region changes anything
Well yes true most of that doesn't matter, but there are few things that matter, for one the fact that you downloaded the game which could be just a bad copy or in wrong format and secondly region does matter, UK won't work with USA version and vice versa.

Unless you describe step by step what you did and with what type of files there's not much that we can help.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,494 Posts
Yes. And that's exactly why I mentioned the region. If the two discs have different regions then the game won't work. The other problem might be that EPSXE is creating a separate memory card for disc 2. If it's doing this then it won't be able to resume.

·
Not a Registered User
1,381 Posts
Yes. And that's exactly why I mentioned the region. If the two discs have different regions then the game won't work. The other problem might be that EPSXE is creating a separate memory card for disc 2. If it's doing this then it won't be able to resume.
Sorry must've missed that part, and to clarify no ePSXe doesn't create a separate memory card for the second disc for MGS, that would only happen if the second disc is of different region with different SCU/E code and obviously with the setting enabled to use individual memory cards per game.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,494 Posts
Yeah that's true. It's been so long since I last played Metal Gear Solid. Or used ePSXe for that matter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well yes true most of that doesn't matter, but there are few things that matter, for one the fact that you downloaded the game which could be just a bad copy or in wrong format and secondly region does matter, UK won't work with USA version and vice versa.

Unless you describe step by step what you did and with what type of files there's not much that we can help.
Sorry for the late response I didn't see the alert. So I checked they are both (E) but the reason it doesn't work isn't because the game files themselves it's the emulator not allowing me to change the disc since no matter what game I use that same thing happens

·
Not a Registered User
1,381 Posts
Sorry for the late response I didn't see the alert. So I checked they are both (E) but the reason it doesn't work isn't because the game files themselves it's the emulator not allowing me to change the disc since no matter what game I use that same thing happens
EXPLAIN!! details man they're are important, when the game prompts disc change you press ESC then Run - Change iso select the second disc and Viola.

Here's a few things, check the second disc if you can start it by itself.
Make sure you have a BIOS file selected and HLE emulation is disabled
Set CPU overclocking to 1x under options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's what I did, ESC then under File I go to 'Change Disc' then 'ISO' then I select the disc, the second disc can run by itself and changing the disc doesn't work when disc 2 is selected first as I have said the games themselves have nothing to do with it, it's just changing the ISO that's the problem, I have the SCPH1001 BIOs file selcted but I don't know how to turn off HLE emulation and the CPU overclocking thing did not work

details man they're are important, when the game prompts disc change you press ESC then Run - Change iso select the second disc and Viola.
are you sure we are using the emulator because Run for me does not show Change iso only thing like continue, rest and save states or was that just a mistake

·
Not a Registered User
1,381 Posts
that's what I did, ESC then under File I go to 'Change Disc' then 'ISO' then I select the disc, the second disc can run by itself and changing the disc doesn't work when disc 2 is selected first as I have said the games themselves have nothing to do with it, it's just changing the ISO that's the problem, I have the SCPH1001 BIOs file selcted but I don't know how to turn off HLE emulation and the CPU overclocking thing did not work

are you sure we are using the emulator because Run for me does not show Change iso only thing like continue, rest and save states or was that just a mistake
HLE is in BIOS settings, and yes I meant continue, I'm going of memory here.

Sadly we're kinda running into a wall here as I'm outta ideas ePSXe never had any issues switching discs and I can switch discs in MGS no problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HLE is in BIOS settings, and yes I meant continue, I'm going of memory here.

Sadly we're kinda running into a wall here as I'm outta ideas ePSXe never had any issues switching discs and I can switch discs in MGS no problem.
HLE was already off and if you wanted me to press continue then that's unrelated, I was saying changing ISO is that same has pressing continue and apperntly this has been going on since 1.7.0 so I might just have to download 1.6.0 but thank you so much for trying to help me, I appreciate it

·
Not a Registered User
1,381 Posts
HLE was already off and if you wanted me to press continue then that's unrelated, I was saying changing ISO is that same has pressing continue and apperntly this has been going on since 1.7.0 so I might just have to download 1.6.0 but thank you so much for trying to help me, I appreciate it
Well as the saying goes, whatever works, works, the issue with 1.7 was long since fixed and I never had any issues switching discs on 2.0.5 on MGS or any other game nor have I found anyone else reporting otherwise, so at this point I can't really help unless it happens to me.
Also I meant file - change disc, was going of memory so I got it wrong.
Przechwytywanie.PNG

·
332 Posts
In other emulators like XEBRA:
  1. First you need to open the shell
  2. Then return to the game
  3. Then change the disc
  4. Then close the shell
  5. Then return to the game
Only then will the game finally realize that you swapped discs.
People need to realize that it's not normal to exchange discs while they are spinning at full speed. Even if these are not physical (virtual) and can't be observed while are "spinning".

·
Not a Registered User
1,381 Posts
  3. Then change the disc
  4. Then close the shell
People need to realize that it's not normal to exchange discs while they are spinning at full speed. Even if these are not physical (virtual) and can't be observed while are "spinning".
I think that's the case with only Xebra as it's more of a debbuging, testing emulator than for gaming ergo open the disc tray, change the disc, close the disc tray.
All other emulator have this process automated when changing discs for conscience.

·
332 Posts
All other emulator have this process automated when changing discs for conscience.
Mednafen and Reicast not, and you need emulate these behaviors to do some tricks, like empty disc to force certain loading screens. The same logic exist to emulate controller disconnections. Some games require you to interact with the "console" to progress.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
  3. Then change the disc
  4. Then close the shell
I have fixed the issue but thank you anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts