Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ASUS K7V w/an athlon 650mhz; a GeForce 2mx card w/32 meg a ram; 128 meg of system ram; and a sound blaster live value. I cannot get epsxe ver 1.4.0 to play any games, it will go through the opening ps screen w/the little diamond (you know what happens when you first turn on the ps) and then it just sits there and does nothing. Can anyone help my plz? this is quite agrivating.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe U have to do what I did. If u read the thread titled "AdriPSX memory card problems" ( I named it wrong for sum reason ) it might be able to help u out. Basically it says to try a complete uninstallation of ePSXe and all its registry files...:p

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It sounds like your cd player has not been setup properly. Have a look in ePSXe's DOS window for an error message. Also, make sure that in your cdrom plugin settings that you have set the right drive letter on the cdrom|config page (and also press configure button if you use TSG MSCDEX plugin and set the drive letter to the same one on that page). If this does not work, post a reply with the contents of the DOS window so we can see what error you are getting. The diamond screen you get would be a result of it not running the CD, so it runs the BIOS instead (you didn't hit run bios instead of run cdrom did you?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem here...

Sony logo comes up and then... nothing happens. I am using *.bin images made with CDRWIN. I have tried 3 different plugins, but only two seem to work.

ISO Image Driver 1.0 - works
Zink88 Disk Image Driver 0.9 - works
DAO Image Driver 0.4 - crashes

In the DOS box the only error I see is this:

Init mci ... * mci error: can't open

I am running WinXP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still trying...

Ok, I've read a few other messages and have decided to give Clone CD a try and to load an ISO directly with epsxe.

I made the image and loaded it up and get a red screen and no Sony logo... I don't know if it makes a difference but I noticed that epsxe was using 99% of my CPU time while at the red screen.

Any ideas? Is it possible I have a corrupt BIOS file? I'm running out of ideas here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Two more minor thing

I only get a red screen when I have the Country set to auto... When set to either NTSC or PAL I just get a black screen.

The games I am attempting to play are Xenogears and Breath of Fire III.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts