Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Topic"

Using Windows XP, it doesn't detect anything in the DVD-Rom Drive. All it says when clicked on it, it says to insert a CD. I'm not sure how to solve it

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well it could be the drive. In my laptop I have a DVD Rom drive and I tried both XP and ME and it still doesn't detect a PSX cd :/ I don't wanna get your hopes up, because there might be a way for you to fix it, but as for me, I had no luck - even to this day.

If you have a nother computer, you ould make an ISO then put it on a CD-RW then put it on your computer. Tedius - yes, but it may be worth the effort.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Indeed...we recall one of our older laptop Toshiba DVD drives could not read PSX discs...perhaps it lacked CD/XA capability?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone else offer some suggestions? Right now i borrowed LoD from a friend and want to play it. Anyone else wanna give this a try?

P.S. Could it be the black underside of Legend of Dragoon?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Maybe? Kinda strange though, how for example my PS2 CD-Roms (blue bottomed) work in my laptop. Hmm, I never tried copying one of my games on a CD-R and using it though. Maybe you should try that? If you have a CD Burner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would updating the firmware help? But i'm not sure what kind of dvd-rom this is. I'm running a laptop with a weird company logo named Targa. So how would you find out exactly what type of DVD-ROM this is

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Right click on the drive then go to properties then go to the Hardware tab and see what is listed there. There should be some sort of model number that you could search in google to find out the company who makes it ;) A little detective work :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I never found anything for my DVD-ROM, so i'll have to move from my laptop to my old Celeron 433 MHz. Will Legend of Dragoon work good on a 433 MHz?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
If you stick to peops gpu plugin and eternal lite spu plugin (or pete's null and forget about the sound), it will probably work fine. Making an ISO will probably help improve performance, too.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
>>Well, I never found anything for my DVD-ROM, so i'll have to move from my laptop to my old Celeron 433 MHz. Will Legend of Dragoon work good on a 433 MHz?

Errr, it would probably "work" but play fairly slow, unless you crank down the resolution and effects :p Why don't you just make an ISO from the 433 Celeron, then transfer it either a) to a CD-RW or b) Through a netowork. :)

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
I have played some games with a laptop + WinXP. Only ePSXe's Internal CDR-plugin worked, but FFIX doesn't still work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I-Chan said:
If you stick to peops gpu plugin and eternal lite spu plugin (or pete's null and forget about the sound), it will probably work fine. Making an ISO will probably help improve performance, too.
Hi,
why you recommend eternal lite spu plugin in this topic ? Does it work better with iso games ?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
No, it works better with slow computers :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well right now, I used Fantom CD and made a virtual image of it (I don't have a cd-burner on this old computer) and i'm playin it fine, just a bit slow, but at least it's playable right?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
You could always buy a couple lan cards and a lan cable. It would cost about 40€/$, and that way you can transfer the game to your newer computer. You could share your internet conection with that pc, too, and use it for many more things. Just my 2 cents.

About the slowness, wich plugins are you using and how did you configure them? In a slow pc there's not much you can do, really, but maybe there's a detail or two there you are missing ;) .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts