Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large library of legal / original Playstation CDs. I would like to play them on the PSP. I know multi disk games aren't supported, but what about 1 CD games? Can I rip a disk image and play them on the PSP, or are only Playstation games from the Sony store playable?

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I have to mod it to play regular CDs, 1 disk games?

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the Playstation emulator built in only plays games purchased from the store?
I'm getting a PSP3000 so it can't be modded... :(

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The 3000 can run homebrew via a somewhat shoddy exploit called ChickHEN[shoddy, because it loses homebrew ability if you reboot/turn it off, and also only works on a specific firmware version]. I'm not sure if it covers POPs[the PSX emu] or not though.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
I'm pretty sure that it currently is possible to install CFW on the PSP-3000, so long as the PSP's currently installed firmware is 5.03 or lower. I'm not sure if a specific motherboard is required to install CFW as well though.

I have a PSP-1000, so I haven't really kept up with news specific to the PSP-3000. Take a look around QJ.net - PlayStation Portable News - PSP Updates

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.