Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have looked absolutely everywhere I can for a way to change the hotkey for this feature. I really want it to be a button on my gamepad (using a 360 controller, works great) instead of on the keyboard.

Just push the + key on the numpad when you're playing to find out what i'm talking about. It's very helpful for getting through really easy battles quickly in rpg's :thumb:

edit: well, I guess I can just add the trigger buttons to xpadder and map the right one to the + key and still use the controller with in-no$gba settings.

Should have thought of that before I posted, dunno why it's slipped my mind to do that for so long

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yeah mapping it through Xpadder or another macro program is the only way anyways as the button can't be changed.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Still the + key, it's up to you to figure out how to press it on your laptop I am afraid.

·
Registered
40 Posts
awww bummer.
The + key is the same as the = key. But i need to hold Shift to use the + sign.
I tried pressing it both ways and the game doesn't speeds up =/

And hold on, just when typing this i noticed that there's another + key, that is together with the ; and : key. You just need to hold function key (Fn) and press it that the speed up works.

Gosh i wish i knew this long time ago x)

Thanks again schumi and boomdart.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
lol the + and = grouping is the same on a fullsized keyboard and it counts as the = key primarily, the one you were looking for is the one you just found, usually the numberpad (and other keys which have been omitted from a laptop setup) is indicated by a third set of green letters on the keys and activated by using the function (Fn) key (which also usually appears in green to help you make the association) as you just found out and it was the numberpad + key you were looking for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice, so we got a speed button on the emulator all along ._.

Now all i'm missing is a slow down for zelda phantom hourglass and internet support.
Would be really fun to play FFCCRoF online =/

Oh and if I said something against the rules in this post, please delete it.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well it's not really a speed button, in other words it's not meant to speed up a game your system is too weak to play normally, it's meant to speed up the game during boring bits, like fast-forwarding through a cut-scene you have already seen on your second playthrough.

And the rest you won't be getting anytime soon...at least not in no$gba, and if you want to throttle Zelda Phantom Hourglass then I suggest you check out DeSmuME cuz if the game is running too fast on your system then you should be able to run DeSmuME and it does have the ability to throttle FPS.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ah yes, concerning the speed button i didn't meant to speed up the game play, but to pass those boring moments, like the thread creator said, to go thru boring moments.

I once tried to run desmume, but i couldn't figure out how it works, when i selected a cartridge copy to run, nothing happened x)
But as soon as i finish my second run thru FF i'll check desmume, cheers o/ c[_]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.