Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SNES addict
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea what the intended difficulty of this was but I pretty much put it to shame...

Here's the link. Simple flash based chess game.

http://www.maniacworld.com/flash-chess.htm

I played another game against it and won in late-game by getting two queens. I don't think it takes into account pawn value in late game. So maybe keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
well at least its not Deep Fritz. That thing would own you.

·
SNES addict
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frits costs $. What's a good difficult freeware chess game?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
My brother likes chess, and he likes to play with Windows Vista chess.
Pd: :drool: at Buff's signature. :drool:

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Frits costs $. What's a good difficult freeware chess game?
A good freeware computing engine that does decently in the international computer chess tournants is Fruit, but be aware that AFAIK the download only includes the gaming engine. You can use an interface like scid (for linux or mac) or fritz itself (for windows) in order to play against it.

edit: Played against the computer in the link. pretty pathetic if you ask me. i wasn't even trying and beat it in no time.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Nope. I don't know how to play chess, so my chances are slim to none.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I know very little about chess, but wouldn't it be possible to program it in such a way that it knows the exact movement for any given scenario and thus be impossible to beat?

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Ever heard of probability and combinations? Taking into account that there are 30-40 moves per chess amateur game, taking that you have 16 pieces to move per turn. and that each piece has approx 5-10 possible moves per turn, how many possible games do you think you'd have to program? :p

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Well alot... but I'm just saying... it'd be possible to make an unwinnable computerized chess game wouldn't it?
Odds are, the best possible scenario is a stalemate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.