Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put FF8 into my cd drive and i hit RUN CDROM and the whole screen turned black and nothing happened. Please help, im new and i did get the plug-ins and stuff + configed it. Maybe its my video plug-in ill try a diferent 1

I got a few of Pete's video plug-ins but nothing different.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well, what happened to the original discs? you should try those first to see if they work, then make a proper backup. (none of these shoddy quick copy 52x jobs)

if you burned this game off a friend, for example, that is against the forums [rules]rules[/rules] concerning piracy. even if it werent, the actual disc itself could be causing your problem. bad media? burned incorrectly or too fast? there are many error causing factors with burning PSX backups---you could have a perfect system setup but you wont get anywhere with a crappy disc. you can eliminate that problem by using your original disc, making a quality backup, or making an ISO on your hard drive.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
If you have several cd/dvd drives (virtual ones included) and ePSXe isn't setup to look at the correct one, you'll get that black empty screen. Happens to me quite a bit because I keep swapping those darn dvd drives around. Go to config -> cdrom -> configure, and select the appropriate drive letter.

Edit: forgot, you can check if the drive is actually detecting the cd by looking in My Computer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, these game i rented and burnt on x2 because i know that they can read badly if you burn them too fast. I burnt Syphon filter 2 at x16 i think and it wont even start up on my PS1
Edit: stupid Celine, you STOLE MY BRAINS!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
it wont even start up on my PS1
the PS1 has built in copy protection measures.

like dbhankins said, copying a game (besides the exact one you own) is illegal, and thus against the board's [rules]rules[/rules]. as such, you won't receive any support. go down to gamestop and buy the games ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.