Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to most ePSXe compat lists this game(US version) is supposed to work fine with the latest ePSXe. But apparantly certain settings must be enabled to get it this way. I am playing off a brand new copy and the game hangs at the violence warning everytime. It does this as well in VGS.

My current plugin settings are:

Lewpy's 3dfx/Glide³ GPU 1.35

Andy's SPU Audio Driver 0.16

ePSXe standard cdrom plugin

Scph7502 bios

And my so/so system specs

AMD K6/2 350 Mhz
64 megs
Voodoo 2 2000 16meg

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Also on a seperate note I was wondering. Is there any spu plugin that has optimizations for XA sound speed? Even with my slow pc I can get decent xa playback in mdecs and fighter bgms(2d or 3d fighters) But in ePSXe I get extremely skippy playback in movies or bgms(even in 2D fighters that I get full fps in) I have tried quite a few spu plugins but have yet to get any decent results.

Can anyone offer some precise settings that may help me? If it helps I can sometimes force smooth playback if I'm not in control of a character...example when playing Rival Schools the mdec music is stuttery, the mode and character select screens are fine, the game is stuttery sound wise UNTIL I do a Tag Team Up...then the music runs at the correct speed while the characters beat on each other...when control is returned to me the sound goes back to being stuttery. This is from playing off an iso and off an actual cd. Again any help will be appreciated.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
well I could say that for speed in sound I tell you that the fastest SPU is seal 0.8 but has no great effects in rpg games, for dino crisis is good enough but it can´t use savestates so if you like to use savestates don´t use this and go better for Null2´s SPU 1.40 which is fast and has a so/so sound if you want great sound, go for Eternal SPU 1.10, that´s all I can say for the hang, I think yo need to download a patch to pass that part cauze of the protection and use it whit the Pete´s CDR pdf option

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I am not sure about validity of that link(may have to be removed).
Neway some cds of dino crisis 1 and 2 require patches to work correctly.The problem was discussed in ngemu help database(currently seems to be unavailable).
Patching the cd will do the trick.;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I'll try using a patch with petes cdr plugin...Wonder if theres patches that will fix the hang up when you access the Niketsu kikki mode in Rival Schools Evolution 2 as well as the non booting Rockman Collections 4.

And as for the speed sounds I'll give those plugins a try...never messed with them cause they were pretty old. I use Eternal only for games that absolutely need it...nice plugin but severely slows down my system in anything 3D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts